• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am Dutch.

AnisaGizela

Hi,

Nice to meet you.

I am a woman.

I like philosophy, physics and engineering.

I also love fashion, old movies, books [emoji432] reading [emoji433] quotes from famous people.

And I like beauty and make-up.

This App is old by the way.

Asperger, pdd-nos all those things don't exist anymore.

It is now ASD.

And yes, i got officially diagnosed.

People don't like me because I am skeptical.

I have told some scientific stuff about beauty and psychology .

Now everyone hates me.

I don't have many friends.

Last edited:
Welcome :) although, in some countries and parts of my own country they still diagnose Asperger's and PDD-NOS, so have to disagree there. In my area they still diagnose Asperger's (I am in the UK).

Welcome! :)

And yes, there was a lot of hand-wringing here a couple of years back with the DSM update...labels schmabels I say :)

Welcome to AC.

The ICD-10 still recognizes Aspergers Syndrome, whereas other protocols like the DSM-V recognize only Autism Spectrum Disorder. I'm not sure if the ICD-11 due in a few years will adopt a similar position as has the DSM-V.

IMO had I been originally diagnosed prior to the DSM-V, personally I would feel compelled to always refer to my condition as "Aspergers Syndrome". In my best interest to secure possible medical care and if any relative entitlements applied compared to ASD which seems far more nebulous in being definitively diagnosed.

I suppose much of this depends on where you live as to what diagnostic protocol ultimately applies. Yet it's not consistent either. Some places may even use both protocols indifferently. Medical professionals don't appear to be on the same page on this issue. Not good. :eek:

Welcome to AC.

The ICD-10 still recognizes Aspergers Syndrome, whereas other protocols like the DSM-V recognize only Autism Spectrum Disorder. I'm not sure if the ICD-11 due in a few years will adopt a similar position as has the DSM-V.

IMO had I been originally diagnosed prior to the DSM-V, personally I would feel compelled to always refer to my condition as "Aspergers Syndrome". In my best interest to secure possible medical care and if any relative entitlements applied compared to ASD which seems far more nebulous in being definitively diagnosed.

I suppose much of this depends on where you live as to what diagnostic protocol ultimately applies. Yet it's not consistent either. Some places may even use both protocols indifferently. Medical professionals don't appear to be on the same page on this issue. Not good. :eek:

Medical professionals don't appear to be on the same page on this issue. I agree!

In 2012 i got officially diagnosed with pdd-nos.
In 2014 I saw a different psychiatrist, she said asperger.

And this year I got diagnosed with ASD by another psychiatrist.

Diagnosis is not reproducible.
At least it was not for me.

I saw a book at a book sale today. Probably 20,000 books there. One caught my eye called "40,000 famous quotes."
Asperger's, ASD. Names may have changed, but we remain the same.

Hi & Welcome,
Hi,

...People don't like me because I am skeptical.

I have told some scientific stuff about beauty and psychology .

Now everyone hates me.

I don't have many friends...

I think most Aspies don't have many friends. We tend to do better with just a few or maybe just one. I don't think there is really anything wrong with that.

What you say and how you say it can have a big effect on your relations with others. In physics, isn't there a law about equal and opposite reactions? I find something similar with people. The more force one expresses something with the greater it is resisted. At least that is what I have found, and so am more tactful and tactical about how I present things.

The professional community can say and do what they want, but people determine language usage ultimately. So Aspies we are and shall be, at least in this generation. ;)

I like some old films in the Sci-fi and action/adventure catagory. :)

Welcome to our hallowed but disfunctional halls

I fly the old autie flag myself.

My little autie buddy was diagnosed as an aspie last winter with full support in the USA,so I agree that not all of the pros are on the same page ;)

Psychology,the educated guess :p

Welcome. I hope you find some new friends here. We are friendly, so make yourself at home.

New Threads

Top Bottom