• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to keep in touch with friend

renascense

I don't do anything interesting and my friend doesn't either. This means we don't have much to talk about our daily lives. We don't have discussion topics. I'd like some ideas about what to talk or ask.
I'd also like tips on how to maintain the friendship since I've never had one that lasted.

Well, you each have interests or hobbies, talk about those, just remember to be quiet and listen to your friend for a while, then talk about things you are interested in.

You can ask your friend about the well being of his/her family a couple of times a week, ask about work two or three times a week, maybe you two can share your favorite recipes, trade music, trade books to read, even do one another's makeup or plan their outfit for them. All sorts of things friends can do that don't take a lot of money, just spending time together, being interested in what the other likes and, dreaming up fun things to do. Sometimes only one of you might think it's fun and, that's okay, next time it might be the other one that likes something.

Thank you for the reply. My friend doesn't have any hobbies besides movie watching which I don't have much to say about since I barely watch movies. We've talked about movies but the subject is becoming kind of dry. I could talk about drawing(my hobby) but that would bore him, since he doesn't draw at all and doesn't want to come to my house to see my drawings(he's shy). Maybe we could talk more about music. Also, I was wondering...would it be alright if there were silent moments when we talk as in we don't have anything to say? How do people perceive those silent moments? I've always felt the pressure to say something.

Comfortable silence in a friendship or relationship is good. As long as neither of you feel awkward just spending time together and not talking, that's great. Maybe a nature walk, looking at nature and being silent together would please both of you, then you could talk about the cool things you saw and heard when you get back from the walk.

New Threads

Top Bottom