• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How loud do you listen to music?

I usually let the particular song dictate what volume I use. Some of them if I turn the music down I can only hear the singer and the drum, or if it's loud the singer's painful and the background music is perfect... it just depends on how it's balanced (and balanced might not be the right word, I know absolutely nothing about music).

I tend to listen to music as loud as I can.
I try to lower the volume a bit lately, since I don't want to screw up my hearing. I can enjoy music at low volume, but sometimes I want to empty my mind or relax and then I like it be as loud as possible.
I max the volume when listening to my favourite songs, too.

Interesting chart.

I try not to have it ridiculously loud without my headphones on, but when I do have my headphones on I try to play music as loud as it will go.

I have noticed a lot of Aspies I know have sensitivity to noise level, and I still do but it's only for things I am not interested in or things I am new to. If it's music I like, I crank it way up. The windows rattle in my car. <3

I have two different reasons for listening to music.

The most important one is for white masking all awful background noises. This is mostly done by boring ambient or soft pop music, that I really don't like of. I live near busy road, my house has terrible sounding air conditioning, I can't concentrate on sleeping nor studying or even making food if I hear birds singing with uncertain rhythms and off-key. So I silent it all down with music that ought to be loud enough to cover other sound waves behind, but not being too high on volume to distract me itself.

When listening to music for my own enjoyment this varies a lot more. The way I feel it, good music should have power enough on it's own as listened on standard volumes. And as I have sensitive hearing, really little is enough. Also, IMO high volumes ruin some aspects of well mixed pieces. But sometimes I can get exited and feel some parts need to be played louder. Still, never measured.

Sound doesn't really bother me other than when I'm trying to get some sleep. Any noise whatsoever is like a jolt when I'm sleeping. But this thread is about music loudness so my answer to that is... well it depends on the music. If I want a soft relaxing tune like while I'm model building for example, I like a low sound with some classic 70's rock or some Reggae, but if I want to be pumped up and I'm listening to some good metal, there's only one level of volume that is suitable... MAXIMUM!

New Threads

Top Bottom