• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do I get over a lost friendship???

Thanks Ksheehan.
Yeah, it really sucks when you get treated like this.
I agree, most people are s****y. I'm going to ignore them actually. I'm not brilliant at texting anyhow. I know these 2 and texting back will only give them something to talk about.
Good for you. You don't need people like that in your life! :)

Maybe they don't know what they are doing. If that is the case, eventually you will be able to tell. It is easiest to ignore, but if you think you can handle the additional layers, you could try a different, potentially more beneficial approach.

You can start inviting these people only to things that you plan on going to whether they show up or not, and start refusing to go to things they do. If they ask you why you aren't spending more (quality) time with them, tell them that they need to be more honest with you. They should know what you mean, and when they are truly ready, they should be able to tell you what they have discovered about themselves. If they don't know what to say, in a 1-1 setting available, you can recommend counseling and also wish them well. If they seem like they are being honest with you and trying to make things up, then it is a good idea to be honest with your feelings about their interactions with you, and you can consider allowing them to earn your trust again to remedy the situation. With these type of matters, allowing for in-person communication tends to be better.

People screw up all the time and every now and then, we might not quite know what we're doing. Not that we can use this or anything as a crutch for our own behaviors, but we try to learn from our own mistakes and also consider being open to others in a very conditional manner. Sometimes, when people change, there's a treasure hiding behind it all.

New Threads

Top Bottom