• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hobby interests recommendations please !!

nowhereman

I have loads of time on my hands at the moment,and need to find something to amuse my tiny mind :) cycling season is over here in Scotland(to cold and dark) for me so thats out

How about;

- Write a book
- Paint
- Sculpt
- Learn a language
- Learn any other skill (programming, sewing, etc.)
- Visit museums (granted you have those around)
- Watch 20 seasons of The simpsons (or any other series that has a lot of seasons)
- Or of course a lot of movies

I'd second King_Oni's suggestions, with one more thing you can consider doing:

Doing household chores/housework for your family. If somebody does them already, perhaps you can try to cook something with him/her in one's free time.

Yums yums

I seem to sometimes stumble across a topic of interest that really 'sparks' something in my curiosity and end up spending hours, weeks, months, and sometimes years brouse, google, read, search, investigate, watch u tube videos on it, look up great books to get on it, mabey even end up takeing courses (in person or online) on it. If you are into cycling mabey something health or athletic related. Massage therapy was one for me- I actually ended up in a course and ended up a licenced massage therapist and also study (self_ on natural health, vitimins, herbs etc. U can sign up for online courses on something that interests you. I once got into Hypnosis and found a free onloine course- it was like an introcutrry thing some online colledge was offering free to intise people to join up for an entire program.

I'm fairly confident my ex was an aspie as well ... but a lot closer to autism than I am. He used to do needle point. I think it was because it switched his brain off, that feeling most of us crave. He did some unbelievable work, it was incredible some of the stuff he produced.

I quilt. Hand quilting is a dying art form but it takes a lot of skill to get right and hard work. Could be something to consider as its a precise activity. I find that helps keep my aspie brain amused.

Go to a war gaming shop and get some miniatures ... even just to paint them.

Buy some home gym equipment and work out ... you said you liked cycling but too cold for that now. So why not keep up the exercise and pump some iron while its too cold.

Fish keeping. Especially marine tanks. TONS to learn there and become an expert. Very rewarding watching the little world you create. Interesting behaviors. Fish, crabs, shrimp, snails, different corals....

Crochet!

Moderator note:

Please remember the rule about very short posts...
Members should not make very short posts. (I.E. "+1", "I agree" and the like). These do not add anything to the discussion.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
- Write a novel.
- draw or paint.
- research Meyers Briggs Personality Typology
- research mermaids
- jog

Moderator note:

Please remember the rule about very short posts...

Thank you

I thought that WAS a contribution to the discussion....

I guess I'll fix it.

Crochet is a very good hobby to pick up when you need something to spend your time on.

New Threads

Top Bottom