• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi.

17thCenturySven

Hi.
I am new here.
I am an adult who has recently come to understand that I am on the spectrum, and that most of the difficulties I had while younger were from being autistic.
I have been through a lot. I am not here to dwell on the past, but in many ways it defines me.
For example: when I was a teenager, I was arrested and tried for a crime I did not commit. I refused to admit guilt, and was punished with prison time. Nearly 5 years of incarceration left me with PTSD and anxiety which plagues me to this day (more than 2 decades later).
I have never known how to make friends. The only friends I have ever had were people who pursued a friendship with me, and never the other way around.
In 2014, I bought my house in a small, extremely rural town. Social anxiety and the responsibilities of being a single parent have nudged me into being a reclusive hermit. I spend my days attending to and doing things with my young autistic daughter, occasionally delving into interests such as writing, video game development, and research.
I am now seasoned, and understand that most neurotyps are clueless about autism and our differences.
I am here to just *be*, hopefully in the company of people who can relate to and grasp the differences that we call 'autistic'. Thank you for welcoming me.

Hello and welcome!

Sounds like you’ll fit in just fine here. I think you will find understanding and opportunities for learning.

Let us know if you need any help settling in.

1687568020116.png

Hello and welcome to the forums! I'm really saddened to hear that you've been through such unjust treatment in your life. I hope you find support here and let us know if you need help with anything around the site.

New Threads

Top Bottom