• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

Thought I should post here first but not really sure what to say. o_O

I was recently diagnosed with High Functioning Autism and I'm in my 40's. I have suspected for a few years so It was a relief to get a diagnosis. Everything in my past makes sense now.

So, hello!

Hello. Welcome. That also happened to me - when I found out that I had autism, everything in my past suddenly made sense. I bet it's a pretty common thing among us.

Welcome aboard:)
Glad to have you join the community here. Best wishes.
IMG_8106.JPG

I like your name, Cranky! It made me laugh. Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I am a child of the 80s, am cranky a lot of the time and live a few hours from Hollywood. I don't like to go all that much though because it's crowded. :p

Your nickname is the best! Welcome. I'm glad the diagnose has brought you a sense of relief. I was diagnosed at 29 and it was both a relief and a revelation.

Hi Cranky, I too like the name but the avatar gave me a belly laugh, it rang very true.

I'm also in my forties, a friend diagnosed me a few months ago and it made so much sense to me. Apparently my stepmother and her friend suspected that I had Asperger's a few years ago and briefly researched it at the library. I guess they found that I don't have all of the traits and concluded that I didn't have it. But yes, I knew I was so different, and now things make sense. Sort of. Other people don't make sense, but I get why that is now. They really do have a secret code I don't have access to. Huh.

Just joined the site today, checking out what others put in their introductory thread before starting my own (maybe). So possibly not my place to say "welcome" yet, but hello.

Hi Cranky. I just joined too, Your username is fun. It was coincidental too as on a different forum we play a music album picture game and I just solved the last clue which was Liverpool by Frankie Goes To Hollywood!

New Threads

Top Bottom