• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi! Question for mods?

SummerAmy

Hi everyone!

I'm an aspie, currently undertaking a PhD on the importance special interests have to well-being.

I have in my records that I've sent a message asking permission to potentially advertise research, but I can't find a reply.

My first study has launched now, and I was hoping that I would be able to advertise for participants on the forums? The research is just an online questionnaire.

Summer

I have asked for help on the contacts tab three times in 2 days, and there has NO response. Where are the providers of the forums? Really frustrating to have a “contact us” form, and never get any responses. Does one have to be a paid member in order to get service? I want to become paid, but is this is any indication of service, I will wait a bit longer to sign up.

Also never got any response from the "Contact us" link. Went to the membership tab and found that the last category is staff. That worked.

We as staff don't highly recommend using the Contact Us function on Aspies Central.
The site owner is the only one that gets to read that info.

If you have questions you need answered,please contact any staff member by private message so we can attempt to handle whatever your needs are.

As you acting administrator, I am available daily here if there are issues you need resolved.

Gee whiz, then they should redo that contact tab. Wasted space and a whole lot of frustration .

Just left a message on “notable members” - “Brent.” Nitro, you can read that. Please help.

Gee whiz, then they should redo that contact tab. Wasted space and a whole lot of frustration .

Just left a message on “notable members” - “Brent.” Nitro, you can read that. Please help.
Like I just said,I don't have access to that part of this forum.

What do you need?

Like I just said,I don't have access to that part of this forum.

What do you need?

Please help. I have used the “contact” help 3 times in 24 hours about how my thread posted in the wrong place. It needs to be in “General Autism” subject forum. It is not showing up ANYWHERE so no one is seeing it. Please move my thread so that the general population sees it.What did I do wrong - how do I post threads so that they show up? Do I have to be a paid member? This is happened more then once now.
Here is my thread, accidentally in the wrong place AND it never even showed up as a new thread or post on the Main forum page.
Sensory Overload: Leaving my job in the mental health field

I even tried copying the entire post and starting a new thread ON the general autism section page. It never showed up. What am I doing wrong?

Please help. I have used the “contact” help 3 times in 24 hours about how my thread posted in the wrong place. It needs to be in “General Autism” subject forum. It is not showing up ANYWHERE so no one is seeing it. Please move my thread so that the general population sees it.What did I do wrong - how do I post threads so that they show up? Do I have to be a paid member? This is happened more then once now.
Here is my thread, accidentally in the wrong place AND it never even showed up as a new thread or post on the Main forum page.
Sensory Overload: Leaving my job in the mental health field
You thread has been moved to the General Autism Discussions by our Mod tree as of yesterday.
It won't stay on the front page as others add more new posts to the list.

It is still where there Sensory Overload: Leaving my job in the mental health field

I even tried copying the entire post and starting a new thread ON the general autism section page. It never showed up. What am I doing wrong?
Threads that are involved in the autism spectrum will not auto-feature until there are 15 responses to them if that is what you are referring to by yours not showing up on the front page.

You thread has been moved to the General Autism Discussions by our Mod tree as of yesterday.
It won't stay on the front page as others add more new posts to the list.

It is still where there Sensory Overload: Leaving my job in the mental health field
I checked repeatedly, and clicked on several tabs and new and it never once posted. Not even minutes after, 1 hour after. Not at all. How did you search for it?

@Mary Anne
You could try looking on your Profile page
and clicking on the tab "Postings."

That will show you what you have posted.

Brent is not an Aspie or moderator per se. He Administers this and other non Aspie sites. A techie essentially. He works for the owner (also non Aspie) who owns a whole range of forums. If they do not respond to you it has nothing to do with the mods.

The top of the screen (home page) has tabs for home, forums, blogs, etc. You can just click on them to find what you're looking for.

BTW, many thanks to the admins/mods here for explaining how the forum works.

Can you please help me with a problem that I've been encountering on this forum for the past week? I use Mozilla Firefox to access this site. I've started to get a message every time I visit here that a script is running in the background that needs to be debugged or cancelled, but I haven't been able to fix it without shutting down and rebooting my laptop. That "cures" it until I return to this website. Can anyone tell me what to do or what is going on so I can prevent it? Thanks!

The top of the screen (home page) has tabs for home, forums, blogs, etc. You can just click on them to find what you're looking for.

BTW, many thanks to the admins/mods here for explaining how the forum works.

Can you please help me with a problem that I've been encountering on this forum for the past week? I use Mozilla Firefox to access this site. I've started to get a message every time I visit here that a script is running in the background that needs to be debugged or cancelled, but I haven't been able to fix it without shutting down and rebooting my laptop. That "cures" it until I return to this website. Can anyone tell me what to do or what is going on so I can prevent it? Thanks!
Are you using an ad blocking add on?

No, I'm not using one. Should I be using one? Should I just go to Mozilla to find what they offer?

New Threads

Top Bottom