• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi! Im Phoebe Grace and I'm new here.

I'm neurodivergent and was diagnosed Dec 23rd of 2022 at age 52. I'm now 53. My special interests are being creative with art. I do metal stamping and squeegee painting. I collect taxidermy & wet specimens. I love beachcombing and collecting seashells. I'm from Fresno, Ca.

1689628897324.png

Hi there! How long have you been collecting shells for? Are you fortunate enough to live close to the beach? I'm 2 and a half hours away from them.

I use to do stain glass, l like doing colored pencils,cooking new recipes for friends, and l like to help those when l can. Thanks for asking.

I'm neurodivergent and was diagnosed Dec 23rd of 2022 at age 52. I'm now 53. My special interests are being creative with art. I do metal stamping and squeegee painting. I collect taxidermy & wet specimens. I love beachcombing and collecting seashells. I'm from Fresno, Ca.
Hello. I also like collecting seashells (and fossils and rocks). I have also been diagnosed later in life (43) and have so much to learn. See ya around!

Hi there! How long have you been collecting shells for? Are you fortunate enough to live close to the beach? I'm 2 and a half hours away from them.
Hello ! I started a few years ago . I only go to beach once a year. I live about 3 hrs from the beach I go to .
So I collect some every year . My other special interests are composing music and recording and history. I also like old advertising stuff too . Also what is metal stamping ?

Hello ! I started a few years ago . I only go to beach once a year. I live about 3 hrs from the beach I go to .
So I collect some every year . My other special interests are composing music and recording and history. I also like old advertising stuff too . Also what is metal stamping ?
Cool interests! Metal stamping is when I take aluminum circles or dog tags and turn them into keychains or necklaces. I made the one in the picture. So....the moon, stars, rocket ship, robot etc are each individually placed and hit into the aluminum. Each item it's a somewhat thick solid metal peg and at the tip is the stamp of the item (say the rocketship) I place the picture side firmly against the aluminum where I want to stamp it. Then I take my 2 1/2 pound metal mallet and hit the top of the peg. This sets the imprint of the picture into the aluminum. After I've finished stamping everything on there, I color it in permanent marker. Then buffer the excess ink off and it's finished.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717_154641_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717_154641_Instagram.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 33
Hello. I also like collecting seashells (and fossils and rocks). I have also been diagnosed later in life (43) and have so much to learn. See ya around!
Hi!!!! I just found my first seashell fossils a month ago!! How are you doing/adjusting etc to your late diagnosis if it's okay to ask? If it's to personal I completely understand.

Hi!!!! I just found my first seashell fossils a month ago!! How are you doing/adjusting etc to your late diagnosis if it's okay to ask? If it's to personal I completely understand.
Thanks for asking. I'm still on the shy side of it and trying to take in more info than I put out while still trying not to avoid interaction completely. I've been reading around the forums nonstop and finding some answers to my questions. I relate to so many things I'm reading and have to stop myself from trying to respond to everything I see. I get into very deep thought rabbit holes when I'm preparing to share a response (written or verbal) to anything in every situation. Blah blah anyway, too much.

Congratulations on your first fossil find! Do you know what it's a fossil of??

Welcome, Phoebe! :)

I’m also very creative, I’m always looking for new art projects and DIY projects (I just spent the past few hours making hat hangers and a purse hanger for my house), and I live right on the coast (and next to a saltwater river) so I’m at the beach a lot!

That metal stamping is so cool!! I have dogs, and I would love to have collar tags like that!

I hope you enjoy it here, there are lots of cool and interesting people with fun hobbies, you already fit right in!

Welcome, Phoebe. I was diagnosed late also, at age 60. I like your interests. I collect shells of sorts, the shells are from trilobites of the Devonian, about 390 million years old.

New Threads

Top Bottom