• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi! Im Phoebe Grace and I'm new here.

Welcome, Phoebe! :)

I’m also very creative, I’m always looking for new art projects and DIY projects (I just spent the past few hours making hat hangers and a purse hanger for my house), and I live right on the coast (and next to a saltwater river) so I’m at the beach a lot!

That metal stamping is so cool!! I have dogs, and I would love to have collar tags like that!

I hope you enjoy it here, there are lots of cool and interesting people with fun hobbies, you already fit right in!
Hi thRiver? Thanks for the awesome welcome! Wow you do amazing cool art projects!!! Hat hangers sounds like so much fun! And you live next to a salt water river?! HOW AMAZING!!!! I'm on Instagram and have done art trades with other neurodivergent people as well as non neurodivergent. What are some cool things that you have found at the Salt water river?
Welcome to the forum! I’m so happy you joined. We are all happy for you
Thank you Kevin! It's great to be here!

Welcome, Phoebe. I was diagnosed late also, at age 60. I like your interests. I collect shells of sorts, the shells are from trilobites of the Devonian, about 390 million years old.
Hi there Gerald! How was it for you getting such a late in life diagnosis? WOW!!! You've got incredible fossils then!!! Mine I'm sure are not that old. Here are the ones I found. How can you tell how old they are?

Hello and welcome.

I hope you enjoy your time here and find support and camaraderie from this place. Let us know if you need any help settling in and figuring out the forum. Glad you found us!

Hi the
Hello and welcome.

I hope you enjoy your time here and find support and camaraderie from this place. Let us know if you need any help settling in and figuring out the forum. Glad you found us!
Hi there Rodafina! Thank you so much! I have a good feeling about being here!

I'm neurodivergent and was diagnosed Dec 23rd of 2022 at age 52. I'm now 53. My special interests are being creative with art. I do metal stamping and squeegee painting. I collect taxidermy & wet specimens. I love beachcombing and collecting seashells. I'm from Fresno, Ca.
Hello there
BTW do you do digital art?

Hi there Gerald! How was it for you getting such a late in life diagnosis? WOW!!! You've got incredible fossils then!!! Mine I'm sure are not that old. Here are the ones I found. How can you tell how old they are?

Attachments

• 20230718_083451.jpg
    20230718_083451.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20230718_083607.jpg
    20230718_083607.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230718_083647.jpg
    20230718_083647.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 34
I'm neurodivergent and was diagnosed Dec 23rd of 2022 at age 52. I'm now 53. My special interests are being creative with art. I do metal stamping and squeegee painting. I collect taxidermy & wet specimens. I love beachcombing and collecting seashells. I'm from Fresno, Ca.
OMG

Seashells are my favorite

If this is from the Chesapeake those can be from 23 to 5 million years ago. The most famous exposure, Calvert Cliffs, with shark teeth and other fossils, is from the Miocene. If you are lucky there you may be able to find a Megalodon tooth.

Before the diagnosis I had an inkling that i could be on the spectrum. It explained a lot of my earlier difficulties, especially when as a teen and young adult autism was rarely diagnosed. Ageing triggered some traumatic ideation as I face physical and other constraints. I have been guided through Cognitive Processing Therapy and have put those thoughts to rest. To know the age of the fossils, I would need to know the formation that they were found in. Except for the Crystal River Formation in Florida or the South Dakota Badlands, I am unfamiliar with Cenezoic formations and fossils.

Oh my! Such wonderful interests!

Being diagnosed is one of the best things that can happen to you. Suddenly, you're not alone. Suddenly, it all makes sense. Suddenly, you can fill you mental and emotional toolbox with effective tools (not the cheap imported tools but real big person tools).

Welcome & best wishes on your journey!

Hi thRiver? Thanks for the awesome welcome! Wow you do amazing cool art projects!!! Hat hangers sounds like so much fun! And you live next to a salt water river?! HOW AMAZING!!!! I'm on Instagram and have done art trades with other neurodivergent people as well as non neurodivergent. What are some cool things that you have found at the Salt water river?

Thank you Kevin! It's great to be here!

If you need a friend, I’m here

So happy you joined

Oh my! Such wonderful interests!

Being diagnosed is one of the best things that can happen to you. Suddenly, you're not alone. Suddenly, it all makes sense. Suddenly, you can fill you mental and emotional toolbox with effective tools (not the cheap imported tools but real big person tools).

Welcome & best wishes on your journey!
Hi there! Yes, my diagnosis helped my childhood make sense. But I have zero family and almost zero support. As an adult I feel more vulnerable, misunderstood and lonely than I did before my diagnosis. Im struggling to navigate being neurodivergent as a 53 year old. Thank you for the welcome! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom