• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi ~ I'm Jess.

Jkp

I just found this forum and am hoping that I've finally found my community. I've never felt like I quite matched any groups I've ever tried to join, much less the 'normal' world. Instead it's been populated with Cheshire Cats - even when I was a child. Always illogical and hard to figure out - nonsensical, at best, and malicious and exclusionary at worst. I'm excited about learning and hearing about everyone's experience - especially with high-functioning Aspergers.

0367c0ab1008b4b17aaf7baa137cd33d.png

tumblr_nk3uufo5py1tarqlxo1_400.gif

Greetings ;)

Just a FYI. Aspergers is no longer used in the USA as a diagnosis. We are all ASD 1, 2 or 3 now. But when it was used it meant a HFA form of autism, which would now be mostly ASD1. But it's not really that cut and dry, nor the medical establishment always consistant or accurate in the diagnosis process.

I just found this forum and am hoping that I've finally found my community. I've never felt like I quite matched any groups I've ever tried to join, much less the 'normal' world. Instead it's been populated with Cheshire Cats - even when I was a child. Always illogical and hard to figure out - nonsensical, at best, and malicious and exclusionary at worst. I'm excited about learning and hearing about everyone's experience - especially with high-functioning Aspergers.

Know next to nothing about social media platforms and never wanted to learn or join! But this is different, so I'm hoping this message will post in the right place and way for everyone reading this thread! If I'm asked a question and my reply doesn't appear within a reasonable time, it's probably because I didn't post it in the correct spot or way. Please be patient with my learning curve.

Hi and welcome. I hope joining here will help you research ASD1 more, and see if it applies for you.

:spoutingwhale::spiralshell::dolphin::spiralshell::fish::spiralshell::whale:

Hello @Jkp and welcome to the site.

This is a stress free environment. You will not need to worry about trolls or other types of site cretins.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's in my early 40s and prior to that, I had no clue and had pretty much accepted the fact that I was different from almost everyone I came in contact with.

I just chalked it up to the fact that I had a high IQ and generally thought most everyone around me did not have a clue about life (of course I thought I was from another planet until I was about 10 or 11).

Anyway, I have tried other autism sites and could not connect. This site is exemplary in providing a fun and informative place to interact with others of similar neurology.

I hope you find it as useful and fun as I have.:grinning:

In the "resources" section of the website you'll find a list of books that various members of our community have read and commented on.

Note that there are both reviews posted as reviews (comments), but also some reviews which are posted as posts.

Hi @Jkp

Welcome to the Forums
All I can say is that it is curiouser and curiouser, and the more you learn the less you know.

New Threads

Top Bottom