• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi from a freshly diagnosed aspie

Hello everyone,

I'm a 33 year old Aspie from New Zealand. I suspected on and off for years that I had Asperger's Syndrome and was just diagnosed last week.

Getting a diagnosis was on my To Do list with a question mark until recently when I hit probably the lowest in my life (I've always had problems with depression) which drove me to get it done.

I've done pretty well with my life and I think few people would suspect I'm on the spectrum. Re-evaluating myself and my past since the diagnosis has been.... amazing? I'm not sure how to describe it.

I usually just lurk on forums, but might pop up here from time to time.

Hello everyone,

I'm a 33 year old Aspie from New Zealand. I suspected on and off for years that I had Asperger's Syndrome and was just diagnosed last week.

Getting a diagnosis was on my To Do list with a question mark until recently when I hit probably the lowest in my life (I've always had problems with depression) which drove me to get it done.

I've done pretty well with my life and I think few people would suspect I'm on the spectrum. Re-evaluating myself and my past since the diagnosis has been.... amazing? I'm not sure how to describe it.

Maa~, hope you pop up sometime soon then.
Welcome to the site~!

IMG_0252.GIF
Don't lurk I always get a very small thrill when I hear the word New Zealand it sounds so strange, I was so close when I visited Australia in 1996 !why didn't I go!???
Hello everyone,

Hi & Welcome,
The re-examination of ones past, once you know is pretty enlightening to say the least.

Welcome fellow kiwi.

How hard was it to get an official diagnosis in NZ? I'm unofficially diagnosed myself, but I'm curious about the process. If you don't want to clutter this thread feel free to PM.

Thanks

New Threads

Top Bottom