• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Here I Stand

GGPViper

Incredibly Deadly Viper
V.I.P Member
Although I registered on this site in October 2014, this is my first post here...

Anyway, some may know me, as I've been on WrongPlanet for several years - and I was even a moderator there for some time...

(And before someone asks: No, I haven't heard from TallyMan or Cornflake in quite some time...)

But I became increasingly frustrated with the site due to the technical issues and the increasing lack of civility on the website. From what I can tell from the comments made by other members here about WrongPlanet, my experience is hardly unique...

Anyway, I'm currently in the process of moving across the country for a new job, so I probably won't have too much time to post in the coming weeks... but I might drop by occasionally.

A few facts about me:

- Officially diagnosed with Aspergers in 2009 (seems like ages ago now)
- Several years of work experience in health care administration and policy
- Special interests/hobbies: Reading (mostly science, politics, history and religion), video games and running...

À bientôt, Kindred

Last edited:
welcome.png

Hi, welcome. I'm not a member of WP (or any other site), I have looked around on their site before... It just didn't grab me I guess... This place did, and I am thankful for it, and the great people here. I hope you like it.

What's up Viper, welcome. You will definitely love it here. I tried to join WP as well but couldn't even go beyond registration; it kept telling me about the recaptcha being wrong when there was in fact NO recaptcha present anywhere. So many wonderful people on here and it's most definitely all good vibes; I feel so much at home and can relate to so many of the members. I used to pretty much never fit in anywhere.

I've been diagnosed (not formally) with Asperger's around May, so it's a pretty recent one - yet my struggles have been going on throughout my whole life; I made the mistake of sweeping them all under the rug hoping that they'd go away on their own, magically. Who was I kidding - only myself and all the victims I ended up hurting and pushing away, just "waiting it out". I'm almost 30 years old and it took me that long to actually see a professional therapist...

I struggle with anxieties, phobias, emotional outbursts, meltdowns, immaturity, childish tantrums, self-loathing, social ineptitude, lack of common sense, poor communication, slow understanding, facial and verbal tics, some ADD traits, and a little bit of misanthropy - so it'll take years of therapy sessions before I can actually do decently well in the NT world.

On the plus side I have interests of my own, but they're limited; I have a narrow one-track mind. Right now I play a lot of Hearthstone (online card game) and read a lot about it, watch a lot of YouTube videos about it, and talk about it to people quite a lot. So one can say I obsess over it...I also get fascinated by construction sites, but only observing them; I would never actually work at one. Past interests included streetlights, sprinklers, trucks with square cabins, bottle caps, 4-digit integers that start with 9, a few mathematical concepts here and there (divisibility of said integers and perfect squares), and I guess power poles (but only because they bear streetlights a lot of the time). Not really into sports, but I do walk during my lunch periods whenever it's not too hot...to observe construction sites in many cases.

I tend to make my intros this detailed, and so many of the people I know right now would make some kind of comment - so tired of people at work (all NT's) always telling me that I'm being too detailed or redundant; I try not to be that way over there out of my respect for them and my job, but I just love pouring my heart out on places like this, knowing that people won't be annoyed!

Welcome Viper. I love this place and hope you enjoy participating too. This is the only forum I've been on since my diagnosis two years ago, I love it, so I haven't looked at the others.
Like the Viper avatar too! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom