• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, New here

CyberPunk

Hi

I have the world's worse social skills ever and don't know why I am here,

I'll probably never post and I have had a very very hard time with autism, I have no friends and even lost the support of my family due to horrible social skills, honestly I get a medal of honor at this point. I don't think I even care to try to talk anymore. I guess I'll state my two cents every now and then and check off.

Hopefully I'll fade in background and you'll never notice me, that would be great actually.

Perhaps you are here because you are lonely and seeking understanding?
Because you want advice on how to improve your social skill?
Those seem like reasonable postulations based on your post.

Welcome :)

You don't have to fade into the background here, we all (pretty much) understand the struggles you describe.

welcome.png

We are all in the running for bad social skill awards here... besides, you posted and look how many responses you received! It's nice to not feel invisible.
Read all the posts, get an idea of how others are also struggling for answers and support and you never know, your 2 cents might be just what someone needs to hear in their darkest moment.

Pitch in when ever you feel like it, there's no pressure. If you have something on your mind, just post about it. It doesn't need to have a post looking for feedback. The difference here to many other places and the people around you is that we get what you're going through.

Hopefully we'll see more of you.

giphy (29).gif

Hi

I have the world's worse social skills ever and don't know why I am here,

I'll probably never post and I have had a very very hard time with autism, I have no friends and even lost the support of my family due to horrible social skills, honestly I get a medal of honor at this point. I don't think I even care to try to talk anymore. I guess I'll state my two cents every now and then and check off.

Hopefully I'll fade in background and you'll never notice me, that would be great actually.
hi cyberpunk,welcome to AC!
do you suffer from depression and/or a low self esteem? if so it might be giving you a distorted view of your difficulties and making things harder than ever for you, i really really hate depression but when i feel a bit stronger i try to fight it with support, thats what we can help you with.

you have got over the first hurdle, you have gone from reader/lurker to poster-you are one of us now,so you dont need to hide we have all been there to!
we will support you when ever you need it,its a smaller ASD group here so you get accepted no matter what your like.

Hi I sent you one already, I am in the chatroom if you can take fast pace.

If you click on name and start new conversation that will do it.

accidentally deleted our chat conversation. I asked you about star trek and if your shower perked you up at all. i checked in about every 90 min. i'm wondering where you are. i'm going to bed at midnight. tomorrow, I'll be in pittsburgh most of the day. we can talk a while tonite or tomorrow evening.

its because youre habituated to quick fix like a lot of westerners.
i dont telephone people but messaging on this forum has started it again.
its same as waiting for the [bad attitude term] snail mail
think of over a hundred years ago no telephones shock horror
im hanging on by the skin of my teeth gross expression
it was sunny yesterday

its because youre habituated to quick fix like a lot of westerners.
i dont telephone people but messaging on this forum has started it again.
its same as waiting for the [bad attitude term] snail mail
think of over a hundred years ago no telephones shock horror
im hanging on by the skin of my teeth gross expression
it was sunny yesterday
meant impatient

New Threads

Top Bottom