• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone

AmyR

Hi I'm Amy,

Just found out I'm and aspie last year at age 26. It was a real revelation and helped me to understand myself more. I work in farming and have a few animals of my own. I am trying to be self-sufficient in terms of food and grow lots of veg and some fruit.

I would love to make more friends as I don't have much of a social life. Especially those who love animals. My dog Finn and cow Cammy are my best friends!

I also live with and care for my Grandparents who have poor health so it would be great to talk to others who care for a loved one.

Hope to hear from you soon

Hi Amy, and welcome.
I did care for my mom before she died. Sometimes it was frustrating - like when I'd try to get in the shower and she'd call my cell phone because she needed something. But it was worth it. I remember once she called me into her room and said she had found a pill on the bed beside her and she went ahead and took it and asked if I knew what it was. Ummmm, no. I miss her.

Welcome here. We are thrilled you are here. Think you may enjoy the forum and be surprised at what you learn.

upload_2019-8-2_12-9-24.png

Hi I'm Amy,

Just found out I'm and aspie last year at age 26. It was a real revelation and helped me to understand myself more. I work in farming and have a few animals of my own. I am trying to be self-sufficient in terms of food and grow lots of veg and some fruit.

I would love to make more friends as I don't have much of a social life. Especially those who love animals. My dog Finn and cow Cammy are my best friends!

I also live with and care for my Grandparents who have poor health so it would be great to talk to others who care for a loved one.

Hope to hear from you soon
how do you cope with the animals being slaughtered that you have cared for , I don't say welcome as I find it very very hard to understand .

She didn't say she slaughtered them! I read it is more like they are her pets. But i don't know.

I think you will likely find many animal lovers here. It might be something of an autistic tendency to connect with animals well. But most probably only have pets like cats and dogs. I have 4 chihuahuas and I guess I do consider them my best friends (after my wife of course! :D )

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hello and welcome @AmyR

Farming and looking after your grandparents must keep you very busy.

For what it's worth, I have no problem with people rearing animals for food source, as long as the animals are well cared for and live a happy life. Your self sufficiency plans sound commendable and I wish you all the best.

how do you cope with the animals being slaughtered that you have cared for , I don't say welcome as I find it very very hard to understand .
I surely hope you are a vegan,if not you are just slamming someone's lifestyle because of your ideals, which in the case of you aren't a vegan would be very hypocritical.

I surely hope you are a vegan,if not you are just slamming someone's lifestyle because of your ideals, which in the case of you aren't a vegan would be very hypocritical.
Id love to know why you presume Id be a vegan you calling me a possible hypocrite when you dont know why I asked is self righteous

This is an Intro thread.
The idea of an Intro thread is a new person
tells a little about him or her self and those who choose
to respond, welcome that new member.

REMINDER
If, at any time, any member has an issue with another member,
please use the Report Button and describe the situation. Staff
will evaluate and act accordingly.

New Threads

Top Bottom