• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Georgia Galaxy

Georgie Girl <3
V.I.P Member
It's funny to find that this morning, when the temp is 23 Degrees Celsius, Cloudy (just turned to Sunny on my laptop btw) I've actually felt extreme dizziness from putting away the dishes and I also get slightly nauseous when I come out into the living room, where all the heat is coming in. In my room, the door is open but the window is closed, and the fan is on so I feel safer and less likely to be nauseous here. The same thing also happened last week, I had anxiety about going out to Brisbane City. It was really hot there and I was wearing a purple shirt, but I was having fun with a friend so didn't care about the weather :)

Another funny thing that happened to me: Last night I looked at an image on TV Tropes at night, and it made me jump and my heart raced. It took a while to go to sleep after that, but I'm actually happy it happened because I haven't been that scared in years. XDD. I had to text my Dad n friend about it and they comforted me. It's the kind of face that would've knocked my socks off as a kid.

Here's a non scary page on TV Tropes that is funny: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FunnyBackgroundEvent

I also remember passing out in Aussie Summer a few years ago while I was playing my Wii U, because I was SO focused on the game I didn't care about the weather !!!

I also get slightly nauseous when I come out into the living room, where all the heat is coming in.
I have low blood pressure and that makes me more prone to dehydration, what you described here sounds similar to me. Low blood pressure isn't any real drama, it means you'll have less heart problems when you get older, but in the meantime you do have to drink lots of water.

I have low blood pressure and that makes me more prone to dehydration, what you described here sounds similar to me. Low blood pressure isn't any real drama, it means you'll have less heart problems when you get older, but in the meantime you do have to drink lots of water.
It does explain why I drink water lots of the time. Sometimes my family gives me something other than water and grape juice that I have every day. I love trying new drinks and food :)

Flashbacks to the time I passed out twice due to heat exhaustion because it was over 100° F (~37° C) and the AC wasn't on and I was kind of dumb and didn't realize I needed to drink water to stay hydrated and was drinking soda instead. (In my defense, I was like 13 years old and I was at my mom's house for the summer and the water is kind of funky there so you can't drink it so I'd have had to drink from the bottled water instead)

I had to go to the hospital. Was only there for a couple hours and then my mom took me to get ice cream at McDonald's before we went home.

Flashbacks to the time I passed out twice due to heat exhaustion because it was over 100° F (~37° C) and the AC wasn't on and I was kind of dumb and didn't realize I needed to drink water to stay hydrated and was drinking soda instead. (In my defense, I was like 13 years old and I was at my mom's house for the summer and the water is kind of funky there so you can't drink it so I'd have had to drink from the bottled water instead)

I had to go to the hospital. Was only there for a couple hours and then my mom took me to get ice cream at McDonald's before we went home.
Aww lol, I was 14 and dehydrated so it's very similar ^^ Ahh, those were the days lol... Aw man, you went to hospital! At least you got that ice cream, mmm :)

I found I have to be careful with heat. When young it was mainly avoiding over exercising in a hot environment. I experienced real heat exhaustion a few times. Can be scary. I found treating it with cold drinks, icing myself or going into cold water helpful. These days I just try to avoid heat in general and just being in a hot sun will make me uncomfortable.

Part I know is my physiology. I am built densely. I sink like a stone in water. I persued water sports intently for many years, surfing and swimming mainly, and also studied lifesaving. I learned certain people have a lot of natural flotation and others like myself are sinkers. Marshmellows and potatoes.

So I think being densely built makes it harder to dissipate heat. Even just coming out of a hot shower in summer, I have to wait a while to let the heat run down before dressing. I would guess being heavily overweight could cause the same problem.

New Threads

Top Bottom