• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone here just giving up on trying to read the recent Marvel and DC comics?

8crismon

Concept machine
I have just given up on the "big two" because Marvel's been kicking Spidey like a dog and DC has been trying way too hard to appeal to twitter. Indies, manga, and whatever you might call 2000 AD however, have more than filled that void. Older comics too, like The Spirit for instance. My favorite comic on the site Indyplanet is Big Bang Presents a continuation of Big Bang comics; a breath of fresh air compared to the coal smoke the mainstream put out.

I tried to read some, somewhat recently, and honestly it's all just incomprehensible at this point. Every storyline has to be this ridiculous tangle, characters that die always come back and then die and then come back again, nobody is freaking consistent anywhere, and every writer has to jump ALL the sharks every single time. And that's not even counting all the things like time travel or multiple universes and whatnot, which makes things even more of a mess.

I'm not good with convoluted storylines, so it's a bit beyond me.

I tried to read some, somewhat recently, and honestly it's all just incomprehensible at this point. Every storyline has to be this ridiculous tangle, characters that die always come back and then die and then come back again, nobody is freaking consistent anywhere, and every writer has to jump ALL the sharks every single time. And that's not even counting all the things like time travel or multiple universes and whatnot, which makes things even more of a mess.

I'm not good with convoluted storylines, so it's a bit beyond me.
Add the fact that both the Big Two are essentially throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks at this point and are also insulting the people who used to support them.

I have just given up on the "big two" because Marvel's been kicking Spidey like a dog and DC has been trying way too hard to appeal to twitter. Indies, manga, and whatever you might call 2000 AD however, have more than filled that void. Older comics too, like The Spirit for instance. My favorite comic on the site Indyplanet is Big Bang Presents a continuation of Big Bang comics; a breath of fresh air compared to the coal smoke the mainstream put out.
As fa as I am concerned, they stopped being entertaining over 40 years ago. The newer ones seem to be a hodgepodge of convoluted and contradictory story lines, and dark but glaring artwork that hurts the eyes after a while. I can't take more than a few pages before putting it down.

Nope. I never gave up reading them. I couldn't because I never started reading them ever in the first place.
Just was never into that kind of stuff.

I have not bought comics in ages, so my opinion is pretty meaningless. But, I get your attitude. I stopped buying Marvel and DC not long after Image took off, and Dark Horse followed with Legend. Stuff like Zero Hour just seemed more and more tired. Too many gimmicks.

I used to love reading Big Bang Comics. I had no idea they were still putting some out--that's awesome. I figured that was totally forgotten.

New Threads

Top Bottom