• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Grown attached or obsessed.

Caelix3

Lately I've been taking my Mickey Mouse doll everywhere I go. Except when I go to a program my school provides called adult prep program. I feel like it isn't healthy but having this doll calms me down. He is part of my self soothe kit.

On days I felt like I was falling apart, I would take my favorite teddy bear (who is more like a rag now) and put him in my backpack up through college. It helped soothe me, but I was careful to never let anyone see.

Last edited:
When I had moved away from my family home, I carried around a favourite smooth river stone and a carved piece of wood from a forest tree that I spent a great deal of time in. Whenever I was nervous I would pull it out, and keep it in my hand, when no one could see it. They are like your teddy bear and mickey mouse, I still have them.

Last edited:
I don't see anything unhealthy about it compare to other people into activities that cause harm to their body.
I was thinking it was unhealthy because of a episode of my strange addictions I saw. Where a girl was obsessed with her stuffed animal lamb. They made it seem like it was unhealthy in that episode.

I was thinking it was unhealthy because of a episode of my strange addictions I saw. Where a girl was obsessed with her stuffed animal lamb. They made it seem like it was unhealthy in that episode.
I think it more relates to things is setup in society to follow some type of norm. If it not part of the norm, society might consider it unacceptable. I could normally never agree with society as my interest is normally different than the norm.

There someone I know have imaginary friend. The person plays a big role in their life. I consider their friend real as I use to have one myself during my adult life. This is another topic hard to open up with society.

Despite I wrote in many threads I don't care what people think if they don't accept I don't follow the norm, I know it not easy for other people. Other people might be dependent on someone and if that someone found out it could effect the outcome the support the person can get. I honestly think that not fair. Hopefully your not in that category?

People in many places in the world used to carry talisman's for good luck, or to ward off evil. Although it was made to seem that the old ways were bad and this sort of thinking was superstitious, it seems the same to me as carrying something to protect yourself. People still carry things like lucky rabbit's feet, or have lucky socks, or hats. It carries the same message, to make the person who carries them feel safe and comfortable somehow.

I think it more relates to things is setup in society to follow some type of norm. If it not part of the norm, society might consider it unacceptable. I could normally never agree with society as my interest is normally different than the norm.

There someone I know have imaginary friend. The person plays a big role in their life. I consider their friend real as I use to have one myself during my adult life. This is another topic hard to open up with society.

Despite I wrote in many threads I don't care what people think if they don't accept I don't follow the norm, I know it not easy for other people. Other people might be dependent on someone and if that someone found out it could effect the outcome the support the person can get. I honestly think that not fair. Hopefully your not in that category?
Not in what category? Sorry I have trouble understanding things sometimes.

Example, I living with my parents when I'm adult and they found out I like dolls. If I don't give up my collection, they kick me out of the house.
That sounds horrible, I'm sorry. IF your asking if I have that problem. No I do not.

That sounds horrible, I'm sorry. IF your asking if I have that problem. No I do not.
Yes it would be horrible. It not a true story. However, my mom don't understand me having interest in dolls but I already confronted her on this years ago.

Anyhow, as you connect with more people that understand your interest, it easier to accept your interest and not thinking it being odd.

Some years ago I saw someone had a large stuff animal on the back of their motor cycle. It seems like this person always takes it with them the way it was setup.

New Threads

Top Bottom