• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Got Extended a Job Offer!

Dillon

This is just going to be a short post but for those who have been following for quite a bit on my situation on getting a full time job well as of earlier today Thursday I got extended an offer as a Coastal Biologist/Environmental Educator. This position is with a non-profit group whose mission is to educate the public like school age groups and adults about marine life and wetlands and how we can protect them through restoration and conservation.
After 6-7 months I finally feel a sense of relief and enthusiasm!
I officially quit my full time job in interviewing/job hunting.

Congrats. I've met a business partner who I get along with. I think she sees me as potentially very useful, but then she also has a good conscience, and she's being decent with me, and we are mutually helping each other out. It would be nice to proceed to friend status, but I guess time will tell. I would have liked to spend dinner hanging out, but oh well.

Hey so great you stuck it out. Congrats on that, and letting us know. You just have to keep putting yourself out there until something finally comes through. My friend just got a job as office manager from just applying at a temp employment agency. She is really amazed, because this agency sent her to some really horrible jobs, but she kept going, and they finally gave her this temp job, and it will turn permanent. She was like you in thinking she would never get a decent job despite her excellent work history. But she is older, and sometimes that can also reduce our chances for gainful employment.

Last edited:
1705064771697.jpeg

Congratulations! It also sounds like a wonderful job on its own, and I hope you'll stay there for as long as you want :)

I've come to accept that being plain-spoken and factual by nature is actually seldom welcome, but I hope that you occasionally find someone who is very happy to find people like that.

New Threads

Top Bottom