• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Google answering wrong question

thejuice

Feel frustrated and need quick and short rant. Why does Google answer different questions than you ask it?

I'm trying to work out "does a white coffee spike insulin" and it's giving me answers uniformly about whether caffeine spikes insulin.

I want to know whether the milk in a white 'americano' will significantly spike insulin during a fast, I'm not interested in caffeine!

Google just seems to give generic results no matter what. Mr Google, get your coat!! :D

Last edited:
Seems like it would have been more effective to ask
whether milk itself spikes insulin.

I have type 2 diabetes and use a continuous glucose monitor. Coffee with a non-dairy creamer certainly does not spike my blood sugar. In fact, one of my favorite breakfast foods is Hash Browns with cheese and sometimes sausage gravy. One would think that that would spike blood glucose, but it rarely goes above 150. I use Idaho Spuds, freeze dried hash browns. All bets are off with a glass of OJ, though. I also think the GLP-1 agonist I am using also helps even things out. Watching my food intake and with the monitor letting me understand my body's response the last A1c was 5.4.

My friend deals with diabetes also. I think asking if a latte spikes insulin might be an alternative. I just watched a video that said some people get an insulin hike to a food item, where another won't get the hike. So it may make sense to take blood sugar count if it's something you absolutely adore. I actually had to save my ex that was heading into a diabetic coma. Pretty frightening.

I have type 2 diabetes and use a continuous glucose monitor. Coffee with a non-dairy creamer certainly does not spike my blood sugar. In fact, one of my favorite breakfast foods is Hash Browns with cheese and sometimes sausage gravy. One would think that that would spike blood glucose, but it rarely goes above 150. I use Idaho Spuds, freeze dried hash browns. All bets are off with a glass of OJ, though. I also think the GLP-1 agonist I am using also helps even things out. Watching my food intake and with the monitor letting me understand my body's response the last A1c was 5.4.
Good job on BS control. A 5.4 is excellent!

Back to the original post: I often get irritated at google providing the "wrong" answer. Google does not do when when asking question about something specific. Example: Does plant X need nutrient Z to grow well? Google will respond with lots of sites about plant X or lots with nutrient Z, but none address the question.

I'm sure it has something to do with the way the question is asked, but sometimes I try lots of different phrasing and google still comes up with the same websites.

I have found for specific questions, ChatGPT works better, although it has limitations as well.

You get the same mainstream websites with generic information in the Google results page, over and over basically

My friend deals with diabetes also. I think asking if a latte spikes insulin might be an alternative. I just watched a video that said some people get an insulin hike to a food item, where another won't get the hike. So it may make sense to take blood sugar count if it's something you absolutely adore. I actually had to save my ex that was heading into a diabetic coma. Pretty frightening.
Hypoglycemia is not fun. When I was starting out with the short-acting insulin There was one time my glucose was dropping well below 50 and I felt it. Luckily there was a McDonalds right there and a glass of OJ helped significantly. Now, when I am out exercising, I keep glucose tabs with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom