• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good QUOTES

"When all by myself, I can think of all kinds of clever remarks, quick comebacks to what no one said, and flashes of witty sociability with nobody. But all of this vanishes when I meet someone in the flesh: I lose my intelligence, I can no longer speak, and after half an hour I just feel tired. Talking to people only makes me feel like sleeping. Only my ghostly and imaginary friends, only the conversations I have in my dreams, are truly real and substantial."
-Fernando Pessoa

truth...jpg

"Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no spoon. Then you will see it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

"How's the patient?"

"Dead to the world."

"But not actually dead."

"No."

"How nice---to feel nothing,
and still get full credit
for being alive."

Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

Last edited:
"Time washes away all things:
Dreams. Despair. Love.
This is a truth which must be accepted.
These are things which must fade away.
And it is there you will discover it......
The last single drop of light.
The light that banishes all dark.
It is hope."

Seen on the RACGP website:
'A normal person is only someone who hasn't been investigated enough yet'
'Medical science is making such remarkable progress that soon none of us will be well'

My quote is actually from someone I know "Make the most of every opportunity and fight the hard fights." Its pretty simple but I think its quite motivating.

If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Wherever you are—if you are following your bliss, you are enjoying that refreshment, that life within you, all the time.

- Joseph Campbell

"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you know your enemy and know yourself,you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."Sun Tzu

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

- The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

"everybody is a genious.but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,it will live its whole life believeing its stupid."-albert einstein.

"It is difficult for me to imagine what 'personal liberty' is enjoyed by an unemployed person, who goes about hungry, and cannot find employment. Real liberty can exist only where exploitation has been abolished, where there is no oppression of some by others, where there is no unemployment and poverty, where a man is not haunted by the fear of being tomorrow deprived of work, of home and of bread. Only in such a society is real, and not paper, personal and every other liberty possible."

"You are enough. You are so enough it's unbelievable how enough you are." - Sierra Boggess

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have a choice of whether to do it with good grace or not" - Christopher Lee

"You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear." - Sherlock Holmes

"Remember, licking doorknobs on other planets is illegal." - SpongeBob Squarepants

"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret, all the best people are." - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland.

Also these, but I don't know where they came from...

"You wake up every morning to fight the same demons that left you so tired the night before... and that, my love, is bravery"

"The downfall of having a good heart is that you look for angels inside of demons"

New Threads

Top Bottom