• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good Afternoon

I had a greyhound. They are the best dogs. How did yours do in races? Mine won at the lower level. They are fully trained athletes when you get them and totally trained! Best dogs :) Oh, and welcome! Many here are of similar profiles with introvert scores.

I had a greyhound. They are the best dogs. How did yours do in races? Mine won at the lower level. They are fully trained athletes when you get them and totally trained! Best dogs :) Oh, and welcome! Many here are of similar profiles with introvert scores.
I don't agree with greyhound racing. My dogs didn't know how to play. They didn't know what stairs were so I had to teach them not to be afraid of stairs. They were traumatised and both had injuries. They are happy now though.

@Aspychata

yes, I have met a few chi-terrier mixes now through my work (we see them more now as they are a designer breed "thing") they are all very clever but not the easiest dogs - I dont recommend them necessarily as beginner dogs - I usually suggest Bolonkas :) But I love my tiny terror - he keeps up with the horses like a big 'un!

@Giant Hogweed - I am also not a fan of greyhound racing (like any sport involving animals where others aspects tend to dominate welfare) but I have seen good effects from non-competitive coursing to produce well adjusted dogs that show less hunting tendencies when out walking - a sort of compensation effect :)

I don't agree with greyhound racing. My dogs didn't know how to play. They didn't know what stairs were so I had to teach them not to be afraid of stairs. They were traumatised and both had injuries. They are happy now though.
Yes, most of us who rescue them do not agree with racing. We rescue them from the practice because they used to shoot the dogs.

New Threads

Top Bottom