• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

goals or objectives for 2024?

How do you finish a garden? Gardens are like puppy dogs; they need a lot of attention.

Yes, I was unclear. I mean finish building it, getting the layout right and getting everything into place. So I only have normal maintenance to deal with. I made a plan some years ago and have been working on that. If I'm not careful, it will turn into one of those never ending projects people work on forever, changing things and never finishing.

2023 is almost at an end, and I’m ready for 2024. I want to get a real job and get my drivers licenses next year. I’ve made significant progress this year. I’m proud of all my teachings I’ve learned this year.

I would like to go to a new job, find more new friends and possibly new relationships, I would like to try new hobbies and improve my health, but my health for the most part does not depend on me.

Working on doing daily squats for leg strength. Working on not letting myself be used by uncaring men. Boy, that was tough to say. Boundaries, and emotional regulation has become so much better, continue on that journey.

I don't usually make goals for the new year, but I have some goals I will continue to be working on into the new year (hope that counts for this thread) - my goals are to become more independent, be better at saying "No!" and to take better care of my mental health.

I don't make New Years resolutions. Waiting for a single day of the year to start something makes no sense to me. Except for leap year, each year has 365 opportunities to make a change for the better.

With that being said, I've got a minor medical procedure that I need to take care of this spring. It should be routine. I'm hoping for the best. Beyond that, I want to continue with my writing hobby and maybe play my guitar a little more.

I will push harder to get my daughter's seizures under control - whatever medicine/combination it finally takes because this past year has been brutal for her and myself. I may take a step or two further into fitness because I can get back to my boxing routine with the heavy bag. Mostly, as much as any need to care about myself, I will very likely still choose helping others, first, and so I hope that I don't get taken advantage of, per my general kindness. I don't mean that to sound pathetic or insecure. I just mean that there are definitely people really good at saying or promoting themselves one way and then like M. Night Shyamalan, they pull a gut wrenching twist on you that sucks.

My goal for the past several years has been to stop wasting food. I usually cook for just the two of us and it seems I always overestimate how much food we will eat before we get tired of it as leftovers. It's hard to cook really good food for just two people when you're used to cooking for five or more people for decades. I freeze a lot of the leftovers for future meals but I'd like to be better disciplined about how much I initially cook.

I refrain from using the term 'resolutions' and instead use the term 'objectives' - as in 'new year's objectives.'

LINK: A discussion-thread 'Call for Video Clips on Boosting Social Skills' is a good point to start with new year's goals. The disc. thread encourages video clips from first person perspectives, and examples out in the world at large -that is video clips that avoid too much focus on narrator perspectives.

The video-clips in the disc. thread might encourage motivation to boost confidence - as opposed to printed words alone (which increasingly feels like increasingly tiring exercises of stretching the English language to it's limits).

LINK: Call for video clips on boosting social skills.

I don't do resolutions other than resolve not to make a mistake again. I make that resolution right after I realize I made a mistake. Sometimes that realization is decades after the fact.

New Year's is a party and a reminder of mortality, a time to celebrate old memories and the memories yet to be made.

I do so much introspection over the year that I don't need a special day. Actually, I need days to pull me out of it.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?

Chorus:
For auld lang syne, my jo,
for auld lang syne,
we'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

And surely ye'll be your pint-stoup!
and surely I'll be mine!
And we'll tak' a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

We twa hae run about the braes,
and pou'd the gowans fine;
But we've wander'd mony a weary fit,
sin' auld lang syne.

We twa hae paidl'd in the burn,
frae morning sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
sin' auld lang syne.

And there's a hand, my trusty fiere!
and gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak' a right gude-willie waught,
for auld lang syne.

New Year's goals listed in this discussion thread for boosting confidence, video-clips on social-skills, and specific activities (arts activites as one example in LINK) might be helpful in breaking the ice.

Antoher goal is to introduce people concerned with the Autism Spectrum to 'Autism Forums.' It's important to boost diversity, and awarenees through new perspecitves - though new 'Autism Forums' membership.

Personally, I'm most intersted in becoming acquainted with people familiar with that difficult to understand part of the Autism Spectrum, 'of not being quite disabled enough, yet not quite able enough either.' In short, too many challenges with "fitting in."

In the 'Visual Arts' Forum, the discussion-thread, 'Can Arts Programs "Break the Ice" in Meeting New People?' includes important social skills perspectives.

LINK: Can arts programs "break the ice" in meeting new people?

I don't really do new years resolutions but I do new years goals, and my goal for 2024 is to move to a top floor apartment.

I don't really ever make resolutions but, that being said, I would like to:

1. Socialize more
2. Get my diet back on track (I had covid and fell off the nutrition wagon)
3. Complete my masters degree (I have four classes left)

That's it. Other than that, I just want to try to be the best person I can be and take care of myself.

I would like to go to a new job, find more new friends and possibly new relationships, I would like to try new hobbies and improve my health, but my health for the most part does not depend on me.
Do you want me to help you find a new job, and help find more new friends for you. What new hobbies would you like to try and how would you like to improve your health.

1704320255884.png

New Threads

Top Bottom