• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I was in the store one day picking up a box of rounds when the woman in front of me turned and said, "I don't believe in guns."

If she "doesn't believe in guns", then why was she even in the shop? (Unless it's the kind of place that sells things that are not gun related as well. Do such places exist?).

Okay, we don't have "Walmart" in Australia, and since they can also sell things like guns and ammo, we can thank God we don't.

I sometimes wonder why more girls (especially feminist girls) don't buy comics, especially due to the fact the whole reason the guy who invented Wonder Woman (Charles Moulton Marston) did so to help the feminist cause, which I write about in this post. He thought girls should have a strong woman to look up to the way boys idolized Superman, but it didn't seem to work.

This definitely confuses me, why feminists don't seem to like the female characters in comic books...and seem to feel they are demeaning to women.

Men might write these women...but if these Uber Women existed in real life...men would be scared shitless. Men are crazy afraid of attractive women who are intelligent, especially if they can fight.

I mean, most men (especially, NT misogynistic men) are intimidated by intelligence in women...period.

Couple that with attractiveness...

...and most can't handle it...

...compound it with a girl who can fight...and they're fully emasculated...

...if presented with said girl in real life.

So, why do feminists despise these types of women?

It, admittedly, confuses me.

Think about it: The men who read these comics (men in general) aren't emasculated by the men (the Uber Men) presented in comic books.

Why aren't they?

Why don't men find these Uber Men (these majestic mutants and idealic Iconic God-Like-Male-Figures) demeaning?

In fact, most of the men who read these comic books are the ones who should feel the most demeaned by these Uber Men, these physically perfect male specimens, yet...

...they are the ones who love reading about these super men the most.

I think it's cuz they're not real...these Uber Men. They're a symbol to aspire to. A mythology to guide men to greatness.

So, again, why feminists condemn the Uber Women in comic books confuses me.

Not to mention the fact feminism should be about celebrating ALL women, not just women the feminist movement deem acceptable and viable to their cause, as they're being just as sexist about women as men by picking and choosing...

...especially when their ideal woman tends to be flawed...

...yet man's ideal man...

...is the Uber Man.

It reminds me of crabs trapped in (or boiling in) a pot...

...of how when one tries to escape...

...the others pull it back down.

I don't really understand why women are like this. I love it when women are hot and intelligent, especially if they can fight.

But maybe that's cuz I'm an Aspie and I'm bisexual.

Anyway, I think rather than look to these women and say...

...I aspire to be the ultimate, like these women represent...

...they look to these women and say...

...what does she have that I don't?

What makes her better than me?

Or why do men want her and not me?

Yet men don't look to the Uber Man and say...

...what does he have that I don't?

What makes him better (cuz they know why...and it makes men like these figures even more)?

Why do women want him and not me (again, cuz they know why...and it makes men like these figures even more)?

As that's not how men think.

They do not compare themselves, but rather...aspire themselves to this type of greatness.

I truly think it goes back to certain biological imperatives, such as the fact...

...we (as women) are typically chosen...

...but men choose.

Yet we (as women) often expect men to overcome their biological imperatives...their desire to ogle and copulate with multiple women.

I think it's time...women tried to overcome theirs...

...ours...

Do you know what I mean?

I think it would be a triple whammy if more of these types of women could fight. Or the sexy fighting women showed off their brains. I think it is this triple whammy that will pummel misogyny into the dust...

...when more women begin to applaud the Uber Woman...

...aspire to her...

...rather than attempt to condemn or neuter her.

Why don't more women choose such things for themselves? Why don't more women act as the dominant partner rather than read books like Fifty Shades of Grey...and turn it into a best seller book?

Why? Cuz I think most men (most NT men) feel emasculated by such things...and women sense it...so they wait to be asked...and play the "game" and then wonder why men are still misogynistic pigs.

I think it takes a stronger man to be with a stronger woman. And I think most Aspie men appreciate stronger women, but I don't think it's like that with NTs.

I think it's time we women (not just Aspie Women, but ALL women) showed men we're capable of overcoming our own biological imperatives the way we expect them to overcome theirs.

Women need to start preparing themselves for the world that IS. Not the world that SHOULD BE.

Like...why aren't more girls (daughters) taught how to defend thenselves...ourselves? We're %22 smaller on average than men. Men have %25 more lean muscle mass. And are still the most dangerous element in our lives. Yet...boys are still the ones taught self defense, when it's girls who need to learn to defend ourselves against them.

Why?

I say...

Shield a girl while she's in your care...
...protect her temporarily.
But teach a girl how to defend herself...
...and protect her for a lifetime.

I think a girl capable of protecting herself requires less validation from others.

And what do they say about a woman who doesn't require external validation:

She is the most feared being on this plan

For me currently, it does not necessarily follow that "your heros"
are there, as from comic books, and they are needed or are used
because one is thought to need validation.
This sort of thinking seems to me to require a good deal more
exploration, while for me presently, it seems to be too much as
as any kind of reasonable assertion, as we think about women.
I suggest trying some other thinking on this.

(Side note: if you want a well-rounded scholarly approach to Wonder Woman and feminism, basically ignore 90% of what has been posted in this forum, and please see sources linked below).

There is sooooo much misinformation in this thread. No time to reply individually; I just want to point a few things out to everyone here. I have always found this forum fairly accepting, open-minded, and welcoming, but the responses and hate on this thread really get me down and upset me, and I'm really disappointed in this community right now—especially the attitudes towards women and feminists. This post is aimed at everyone who has posted here criticising 'feminists' or 'women' as a whole group, and saying broad, sweeping generalised statements like 'all feminists/women hate wonder woman because [insert reason here]', followed by posters like Sylar and many others saying things like 'feminists aren't worth listening to' or Shiznown who think that all women who are contemporary feminists have a 'victim complex' etc. As a feminist who is fascinated by Wonder Woman, I feel a need to chime in.

When people accuse 'feminists’ or ‘women’ of hypocrisy as a collective group (i.e. by saying 'you all complain about slut shaming and then complain when a female character has her butt showing'), it is basically the equivalent of saying 'you election voters, you all think abortion should be illegal, but here you are voting for the right to euthanise the terminally ill'. Obviously we know that in any election, there are at least two different 'sides to the story'--not everyone who votes in an election is voting for the same thing. The same is true for feminism. In the same way there is more than one branch of politics (i.e. conservative, liberal, etc.) there is more than one branch of feminism. There are liberal feminists, who believe women should be treated equally to men within the current social structure; radical feminists who believe women cannot be treated equally to men within a societal structure designed by and for the benefit of men--the list goes on, and most feminists are probably some combination of categories rather than fitting strictly into one category. So of course it sounds a bit silly when you try to vilify a group and invalidate their arguments by saying ‘how can you feminists blah blah blah, you're so hypocritical’. You're talking about 'all feminists' as if there is only one side to the feminist debate, and in reality you're homogenising a multitude of different groups, political movements, histories, and ideologies into one 'feminist' identity. Some feminists love Wonder Woman, some probably can't stand her, and most are probably somewhere in between like me--generally admiring of Wonder Woman, but with certain concerns based on her presentation and historical existence and consumption. Please educate yourselves on both sides of what you're saying before you start slandering huge groups of people whose political views and histories you evidently know NOTHING about.

Finally, as promised, Wonder Woman sources for those interested:

Jill Lepore, a Harvard academic, Reveals Wonder Woman’s Secret History in a radio show (this is amazing, by the way) http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2015/03/02/4189133.htm

Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines
A documentary wherein famed female historical figures and feminists discuss the impact Wonder Woman has had upon them.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070853/

In case anyone is considering replying, if you are only here to troll and claim that 'feminism is evil', I won't bother to reply, as I can't even believe I took the time to write this in the first place (online arguing is not my thing, and I mostly enjoy these forums from a friendly standpoint, and try to stay out of the threads that seem as hostile as this one does).

Last edited:
I like a strong, tough, feisty woman. A woman who is courageous and confronts me gets my respect. I prefer a woman who is my intellectual equal. It is even better if she is good at things I am not and I am good at things she is less good at. For example my ex-wife was a great writer whereas I was more skilled in math and science. We complemented each other.

What I don't like? A submissive woman who will do whatever I ask for and is afraid to speak up for her self. No thank you----very boring. Give me someone who can stand toe to toe as my equal.

(Side note: if you want a well-rounded scholarly approach to Wonder Woman and feminism, basically ignore 90% of what has been posted in this forum, and please see sources linked below).

There is sooooo much misinformation in this thread. No time to reply individually; I just want to point a few things out to everyone here. I have always found this forum fairly accepting, open-minded, and welcoming, but the responses and hate on this thread really get me down and upset me, and I'm really disappointed in this community right now—especially the attitudes towards women and feminists. This post is aimed at everyone who has posted here criticising 'feminists' or 'women' as a whole group, and saying broad, sweeping generalised statements like 'all feminists/women hate wonder woman because [insert reason here]', followed by posters like Sylar and many others saying things like 'feminists aren't worth listening to' or Shiznown who think that all women who are contemporary feminists have a 'victim complex' etc. As a feminist who is fascinated by Wonder Woman, I feel a need to chime in.

When people accuse 'feminists’ or ‘women’ of hypocrisy as a collective group (i.e. by saying 'you all complain about slut shaming and then complain when a female character has her butt showing'), it is basically the equivalent of saying 'you election voters, you all think abortion should be illegal, but here you are voting for the right to euthanise the terminally ill'. Obviously we know that in any election, there are at least two different 'sides to the story'--not everyone who votes in an election is voting for the same thing. The same is true for feminism. In the same way there is more than one branch of politics (i.e. conservative, liberal, etc.) there is more than one branch of feminism. There are liberal feminists, who believe women should be treated equally to men within the current social structure; radical feminists who believe women cannot be treated equally to men within a societal structure designed by and for the benefit of men--the list goes on, and most feminists are probably some combination of categories rather than fitting strictly into one category. So of course it sounds a bit silly when you try to vilify a group and invalidate their arguments by saying ‘how can you feminists blah blah blah, you're so hypocritical’. You're talking about 'all feminists' as if there is only one side to the feminist debate, and in reality you're homogenising a multitude of different groups, political movements, histories, and ideologies into one 'feminist' identity. Some feminists love Wonder Woman, some probably can't stand her, and most are probably somewhere in between like me--generally admiring of Wonder Woman, but with certain concerns based on her presentation and historical existence and consumption. Please educate yourselves on both sides of what you're saying before you start slandering huge groups of people whose political views and histories you evidently know NOTHING about.

Finally, as promised, Wonder Woman sources for those interested:

Jill Lepore, a Harvard academic, Reveals Wonder Woman’s Secret History in a radio show (this is amazing, by the way) http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2015/03/02/4189133.htm

Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines
A documentary wherein famed female historical figures and feminists discuss the impact Wonder Woman has had upon them.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070853/

In case anyone is considering replying, if you are only here to troll and claim that 'feminism is evil', I won't bother to reply, as I can't even believe I took the time to write this in the first place (online arguing is not my thing, and I mostly enjoy these forums from a friendly standpoint, and try to stay out of the threads that seem as hostile as this one does).
Radical feminism is the mainstream, so identifying with that movement; you are identifying as being a radicalist. If you are truly for equality, why not identify as a egalitarian; whom many feminists hate by the way. Feminism WAS a good thing, but it has been taken over and corrupted. There is no oppression of women in the western world anymore. There is plenty in the middle east, but good luck getting a feminist to actually focus on that. No, we better not piss off the "religion of peace". Where is the outrage from feminists that women in countries like Saudi Arabia, cannot leave their house without a man, cannot make decisions and are treated as second class citizens? Oh, no some video game character showed her ass, that's what we should focus on. Feminism has become nothing but a movement to demonize men and see men as less valuable and to advocate censorship. Do you advocate censorship, because I can't tell if you do after reading your post. You see, I actually care about women being stoned to death if they are raped and gays being executed; unlike mainstream feminists, I care.

And in the MMA corner...

ronda-rousey-ufc-193-training-week5-24.jpg

There's Ronda Rousey of course.
1441854077-syn-cos-467660734.jpg

And also these two:
Rose-Namajunas-Paige-Vanzant.png

And they clean up quite well

maxresdefault.jpg

Rose Namajunas

0623-paige-vanzant-tmz-3.jpg

Paige Vanzant

New Threads