• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finally going to be diagnosed

LostInSilentHill

Terrible Gaurdian Angel
So finally, I now have an appointment to be assessed in May. It's with a wonderful doctor apparently and I am very excited. My therapist said that if I get a positive diagnoses (which he said is quite likely) that they can then transfer me to more appropriate programs. Can't wait :)

How wonderful for you! Really pleased it is going to happen.

I hope, one day, to get the same opportunity, but it does seem rather unlikely at the moment. It is also more difficult for me, because it takes ones getting to know me, to discover a difference; I do not have a bland, staring face and do not have a monotoned voice, and thus, I really do look: "normal"!

I applaud you on being willing to get thru the red tape to get diagnosed as an adult. I got my diagnosis from seeking help thru a therapist for my failing marriage at that time. She was licensed by the state to diagnosis ASD conditions and when I was struggling to apply what she had taught me, she took a step back, ran me thru some tests and dx'ed me with Asperger's Syndrome, now ASD level 1. So many reasons why I was the way I was were answered. And my wife and I both were able to learn to better cope with my disorder. My therapist has used a combination of CBT and ABA therpy on me over the past few years. It has helped me greatly to better cope and in a more healthy manor than I was. Good luck with your diagnosis! Mike

Good luck! I got my diagnosis 18 months ago, tbh it changes as much in your life as you want it to. If it helps you get more specific help that's great.

So, I went for my assesment and the doctor said I do have Autism, he still needs to diagnose the level(?)/severity but it is now a confirmed diagnosis. Super happy to finally have this diagnosed :)

New Threads

Top Bottom