• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fidget toy haul

Caelix3

I got a bunch of fidgets from the store called The Chalkboard. I also got one fidget from Marbles the brain store. I thought I would share, since it might be useful for others.

The Chalkboard:

MagnaBuzz - $3.99
Makes a loud buzz or click sound. Basically two large smooth magnets. Keep away from video monitors, pacemakers, and computer disks. Anything magnetically sensitive.

Tangle Jr. Textured - $3.49
Has different textures. Bumpy and smooth. They come with different textures. Depending on the color you get. The pink, yellow, blue, clear one is the one that is bumpy and smooth.

Mesh with Marble - $1.99
Mesh is kind of a smooth texture. You push the Marble from side to side. The Marble isn't supposed to come out. Comes in different colors.

DaVinci Dough Aromatherapy Dough (Lemon Ginger) - $6.99
Very soft and comes in a yellow color. Feels similar to playdoh except this one smells like lemon ginger and is softer. Used for relieving tension and to clear or focus your mind.

Folkmanis Puppets (White Mouse Puppet) - $17.99
Has pinkish red eyes and is very soft. Is a puppet so you can also move the mouth and arms.

Marbles the brain store:

PlayableArt Bracelet Cube - $??? (Forgot the price, may add it later)
Very smooth and makes a clicking sound when you move it. Not very loud. Comes in different colors. Although the store I went to it only came in gold. Can wear it as a bracelet but be warned, it may pinch if you have hair on your arms or wrists. Scratched easily, after only playing with it for a little bit.

That is all and here are some pictures of the items.

3dbbe1d4baffe32521b4191bdc84e91c.jpg

f71e07134321011cca93b0988d8df8ba.jpg

209639468d70fb463e0b7fd8ba736452.jpg

6e626939ca9bdaccb96511a9fc4fa513.jpg

Thanks for this post! I've been looking for little things to carry to keep fidgety hands and fingers busy. I usually twist my hair or play with rubber bands.
I tried spinner rings but found I had to take them off to play with both hands to get any satisfaction. Now I'm waiting for my fidget cube in the mail ... and thanks to your post I located an Aussie site "MohDoh Mouldable Aromatherapy" so I ordered from them too :D

About the Folkmanis Puppet: is that the finger puppet size? The local site I found seems to have them listed as finger puppets for the price conversion.
Are they really soft? Is that the sensory gratification? I'd like something REALLY soft to carry in my pocket. They have a mini lop rabbit which - if soft - could work.
Can you tell me more about the one you have please?

Also, what of this acquisition do you find the most satisfying and why?

Thanks for this post! I've been looking for little things to carry to keep fidgety hands and fingers busy. I usually twist my hair or play with rubber bands.
I tried spinner rings but found I had to take them off to play with both hands to get any satisfaction. Now I'm waiting for my fidget cube in the mail ... and thanks to your post I located an Aussie site "MohDoh Mouldable Aromatherapy" so I ordered from them too :D

About the Folkmanis Puppet: is that the finger puppet size? The local site I found seems to have them listed as finger puppets for the price conversion.
Are they really soft? Is that the sensory gratification? I'd like something REALLY soft to carry in my pocket. They have a mini lop rabbit which - if soft - could work.

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry for the late reply!
I haven't checked this forum in awhile.

The puppet isn't a finger puppet. It is a hand puppet, meaning you stick your whole hand inside of it.

It is soft like a normal stuffed animal. But not velvety soft.

I'd say the one I liked the most was the mesh with marble. It is simple and easy to play with.

The tangle is nice as well though.

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry for the late reply!
I haven't checked this forum in awhile.

The puppet isn't a finger puppet. It is a hand puppet, meaning you stick your whole hand inside of it.

It is soft like a normal stuffed animal. But not velvety soft.
Thanks! I actually went and bought some soft finger puppets which i find easy to keep in a bag or pocket to fidget with. The long eared rabbit is my favourite but i also bought a wombat and flying pig :D

I think the mesh marble won't be soft enough for me although i am looking for a small spikey thing to fidget with when soft isn't cutting it...

Some things I’ve always liked to use are blacksmith puzzles. They are great for fidgeting and you get to feel accomplished when you finally get the dang thing apart. Then you’ll spend twice as long putting it back together. Loads of fun and a good fidget.

New Threads

Top Bottom