• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling the pain of others

Cogs Of My Cranium

Basically my grandad is on the verge of dying. It's unlikely he will last the week. The cloud of his condition has been hanging over the family for two years now as well as the crippling costs of his care and his eventual funeral. Mainly this cloud is on my dad who suffers great financial pressure and drinks like a bottle of wine every night.

I've spent a lot of my life worrying and being sad. It's moments like this where something genuinely is happening in reality. I'm obviously worried/scared about change but I also think like I'm feeling the pain of my dad. I feel powerless over the inevitability of it all. I also feel guilty that I can't help. I'm now in my early 30s and my parents are in their early 60s. I feel like the family is struggling to continue under these pressures. I don't want my dad having some kind of a breakdown over it all.

It's like a storm coming you know. I just wanted to write something down somewhere.

Am so sorry to hear this
My gran died a few weeks ago she had dementia, she stopped talking and started going down hill fast
we managed to take a pic with my sister , my mum , my niece and my great nice she was 90

am sorry your going through this

I bury him tomorrow. However I'm very nervous about seeing a wing of my family who I know do not get along with my dad. I'm worried that if they turn up it is going to upset my dad more. I really hope they don't show up. Actually I'm very worried about all of the funeral tomorrow tbh.

New Threads

Top Bottom