• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite Non-Disney/Non-Pixar Animated Movies...

What are your favorite animated movies that aren't made by either Disney or Pixar.
They can be 2D or 3D, any style (including anime), from any country and from any other company aside from the two I've listed.
Pepe le pew and Looney tunes ,the snowman and snowdog ,the cat king (Japanese)
Simons cat(nearly everyone)old Scooby doo, Rupert the bear (British)
Stopping

Arthur Christmas
The Wallace and Grommit movies

....others I'm sure (can't think of all the movies I like off-hand, and don't usually pay any attention to who makes them)

Pink Floyd's The Wall....... When I was young I used to like this album because I felt so alone and trapped behind my own Wall. So then I saw the movie. I was not even stoned when I watched it but it was still pretty weird.

I find the album too depressing to listen to now and won't watch the movie, but I have to say it was one that was memorable.

I don't watch a lot of movies because I don't have the ability to sit still, but others I did get through that people mention here are:

Snoopy Come Home.....that was my first movie ever so I love that one
Iron Giant......who would not like that movie?

Worst one ever? The Snowman!! I watched that with a three year old and looked over and saw tears running down their face when he melted. HATE THAT movie ever since!!!! They can learn that lesson a tad later, maybe?

Worst one ever? The Snowman!! I watched that with a three year old and looked over and saw tears running down their face when he melted. HATE THAT movie ever since!!!! They can learn that lesson a tad later, maybe?

You think that's bad, try watching When the Wind Blows - Another one by Raymond Briggs that is definitely not suitable for kids.
Here's the theme song for the film - performed by the late David Bowie.

You think that's bad, try watching When the Wind Blows - Another one by Raymond Briggs that is definitely not suitable for kids.
Here's the theme song for the film - performed by the late David Bowie.

Dang! I just read the review of the movie. Might have to watch it. My roomate liked to play Fallout. Now I know why! :-O

Non Disney/Pixar? Hmm... can't think of many that I've seen other than the Shrek movies. I saw Watership Down a long time ago when I was a kid but don't remember much about it. Need to watch it again.

Do the Wallace and Gromit/other Aardman movies count?

Non Disney/Pixar? Hmm... can't think of many that I've seen other than the Shrek movies. I saw Watership Down a long time ago when I was a kid but don't remember much about it. Need to watch it again.

Do the Wallace and Gromit/other Aardman movies count?

Yep, they count.

What are your favorite animated movies that aren't made by either Disney or Pixar.
They can be 2D or 3D, any style (including anime), from any country and from any other company aside from the two I've listed.

I still quite like the old school Hanna Barbara stuff such as Tom and Jerry, the Flintstones (mainly because I'm in love with the wives) and Dastardly and Muttley/Wacky Races.

I'm also a big fan of Loony Tunes, Meep Meep! Road Runner is hilarious, that Coyote always comes so close to catching the Road Runner lol.

I remember an animated film I watched from a few years back called Stellaluna.
Here's a clip from it:

Last edited:
I watched Watership Down recently, I think that's probably my favourite non-disney animated movie now. Nice orchestral soundtrack too.

bagpuss
ivor the engine
noggin the nog
the clangers
the treacle people
bottletop bill and his best friend corky
the wombles
1930s superman
willo the wisp
superbook 1980s version
the perishers
(really only the scene where boot the dog is looking into a rockpool and the crabs think it is a visitation from god which happens yearly)

• Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm
  • Pokemon: Zoroark: Master Of Illusions
  • Pokemon: The First Movie
  • Pokemon 2000
  • Pokemon 3
  • Jack & The Cuckoo-Clock Heart
  • Batman: The Killing Joke
  • Batman: Assault On Arkham

Titan A.E. was my favorite movie for years. Which is very surprising for me since I usually hate "people movies" and the main characters are humans. But then the so-called "aliens" in that movie looked more like anthro animals than aliens. I can't stand movies where the main cast are humans or human faced creatures...or fiction where animals don't talk or a chosen one just "narrates".

I love Watership Down. The first time I watched it I was too young to understand the English but loved it anyway, and I kept watching every now and then. We had the movie on VHS and I'd watch it every weekend when I woke up.

I am surprised no one has mentioned "The brave little toaster." That was supposed to be a kids movie but managed to be strangely dark somehow.

EDIT:

I love that david bowie opening theme for When the wind blows. I find his voice very captivating

Corpse Bride
Spirited Away
The Secret World Of Arrietty

I want to like Princess Mononoke but I've never been able to finish it because it's a bit too dark & violent for my tastes.

The Shrek films
Puss In Boots
The Last Unicorn
Heavy Metal
Dot and the Kangaroo
The Mouse and His Child
Fritz the Cat
Kiki's Delivery Service
The Simpsons Movie

New Threads

Top Bottom