• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fascination with things that are obscure

Vanadium50

Have you ever been fascinated with some obscure locations where you aren't supposed to go as little kids? In my case I been fascinated with basements, atticks, and also taking metro train past the last stop to see what is there. Back in Russia I was able to actually sneak into the train that was going there without being noticed so I saw some of it. But one thing I didn't see is where do the trains go that don't return? You see there were two railways one is for trains that do return and the other one was for trains that don't.

Speaking of basements, I liked water pipes and lamps like I said. It is also really fascinating to have several basement one below the other, call the top basement floor 0, the one below it floor -1, the one below it floor -2, and so forth. Back in Russia the basements actually had the little door that was open and I could go inside and look it was pretty neat with all those lamps and water pipes. Too bad that I can only have "one goodie at a time". If I want to see water pipes, I have to be in Russia, but in Russia there is just one basement instead of one below the other. If I want to see one basement below the other, I should be in America, but in America there are no water pipes :(

Speaking of negative numbers, I also had an idea that in the running competition, on top of rewarding the 5 top runners, you have to "punish" the worst 5, and if a runner cheated on a race, you should write it as him taking up infinite time to finish. No one understood what I was on about people were acting like I like making fun of people but on my end I didn't even care about it I only cared about obscure numbers: be that negative numbers or infinities or what not. But right now as an adult when I am ostracized I see EXACTLY what they meant, LOL.

And finally I am really fascinated with an idea of crossing the forest that there was back in Russia in the northern side of Moscow. Only small part of it is within the Moscow limits, the rest stretches far outside Moscow. I once had a dream as a little kid that I actually crossed that forest to the other side and found a lake there, started to swim and began to drawn, and woke up. So I was always curious whether or not there indeed is a lake on the other side of the forest. Well I know one can't really give yes or no answer since the forest is so huge so the question is exactly "where" on the other side. But still I always wanted to cross it and see. I actually tried to cross it when I was 14, and then got lost and finally got my sense to get back since I saw it was late, and I got back at 3 am, without having crossed it, and my grandparents have already called a police by that point, who haven't found me I came by myself.

Anyway can you guys relate to any of those fascinations?

New Threads

Top Bottom