• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Face Blindness/ (prosopagnosia) Test

I can have a hard time if I see someone out of context, names are difficult, even in context.

I guess I did pretty well:

On the UNSW Face Memory Test you scored 29 out of 40
On the UNSW Face Sorting Test you scored 55 out of 80
Your overall score on the UNSW Face Test was 70%

So I scored in the top 10%

I wonder whether my score would be worse if you tested me on those same faces in 2 or 3 days...

I'm sorry seems like I have talked about this a while ago :D I didn't notice the double post.

Regardless I really wish I could turn this off... In groups it takes me weeks to get to know people and recognize them.

I guess I did pretty well:

On the UNSW Face Memory Test you scored 29 out of 40
On the UNSW Face Sorting Test you scored 55 out of 80
Your overall score on the UNSW Face Test was 70%

So I scored in the top 10%

I wonder whether my score would be worse if you tested me on those same faces in 2 or 3 days...
Do you have a link for the test?

Do you have a link for the test?

It's also in the first post of this thread.

On the UNSW Face Memory Test you scored 26 out of 40.
On the UNSW Face Sorting Test you scored 43 out of 80.

Your overall score on the UNSW Face Test was 57%.
For your information, based on the first 6300 participants on the UNSW Face Test:
Top 5% scored 72% and above
Top 10% scored 69% and above
Top 25% scored 65% and above
Top 50% scored 61% and above
-----------------------------------------------------

I thought I got worse results, honestly, I felt clueless most of the time, it's not how I recognize people and I lacked the details I need to recognize someone, I don't look at faces only and don't pay that much attention to them, and I'm really bad at distinguishing people who have similar colour "palette", hair, clothes etc.

There was an older thread that linked to this exact same test:

Well, I did it again and got a score of 60%. A lot of the test images were too blurry or altered from the target images, which made sorting out facial features pretty difficult. The test informs you that the images will be changed, but it seems like they made it hard on purpose to weed out so-called "super recognizers" that this test is designed for.

I do better in reality than this test is suggesting. Faces don't get stored as super-pixelated images in my mind, so I'm not concerned about it at all.

My wife and I went to a family reunion once my wife had her long blonde hair styled was breaking on her very sensitive to various chemicals like tints her own mother did not recognize her. Change her hair change her look once she curled her hair as a joke and her friends did not recognize her.

How often do you accidentally greet a new acquaintance twice, and then realize they're wearing the same clothes as before, so they're the same person? Faces do eventually sink in, but people having over nine thousand friends in their circle are more skilled at this.

How often do you accidentally greet a new acquaintance twice, and then realize they're wearing the same clothes as before, so they're the same person? Faces do eventually sink in, but people having over nine thousand friends in their circle are more skilled at this.

Just tried this test and passed it, but I thought it was interesting because I caught myself doing the above just last night. I always wonder what it is that people can't stand about me, but this test says this particular issue ain't the problem.

New Threads

Top Bottom