• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Everyone else is crazy. I'm perfectly normal.

Smiley

Hi, I'm Smiley. I'm a mom to two kids diagnosed with autism and two kids not diagnosed with anything. Right now I'm a stay home mom. I'd like to be an inventor and work on design of the colonies for the moon, Mars, and beyond.

My oldest kid is about to graduate from high school and will have to learn to navigate adulthood. He's quite high functioning, I think he'll be fine once he finds his place.

My youngest was just diagnosed with autism. He doesn't speak at all, but he's still young maybe he will later.

This site was recommended to me by a person on another forum that I frequent. I hope to talk with people to better understand issues that my kids are facing. I'm socially awkward, so let me know if I'm saying anything or doing anything wrong, I will appreciate it.

I'm socially awkward, so let me know if I'm saying anything or doing anything wrong, I will appreciate it

Doing and saying things wrong is the whole point of being here :)

So don't worry.

You do seem perfectly normal.

Welcome, there are a few other parents running around here somewhere..

960dd295f6ee3a1987b9329e30bda14b.png

Thanks for the welcome @clg114

I've never been diagnosed with anything. I really avoid doctors. Actually, I mostly avoid interacting with non-family in real life. I probably have social anxiety. But online tests say I'm probably somewhere on the spectrum. I've always been considered "odd" (I prefer to be called eccentric) and never fit in anywhere. That's why I don't go into peopley places if I can avoid them.

Hi Smiley welcome. I hope you enjoy it here there's plenty of interesting and informative threads to read and respond to. Being different from the norm is something I have always been pleased and proud about. Realising you're on the spectrum can be helpful so you understand yourself and your needs and preferences better, I guess.

:snowflake::spiralshell::snowflake::spiralshell::snowflake::spoutingwhale::snowflake::spiralshell::snowflake::spiralshell::snowflake::spoutingwhale::snowflake::spiralshell::snowflake::spiralshell::snowflake:

Hello & welcome, @Smiley .

We are about a year away from being [almost*] empty-nesters.

I am an ASD1 dad of
  • ASD3 x1
  • ASD2 x1
  • ASD1 x2 &
  • ASD? x2
*I am the guardian of my 23yo, ASD3 daughter. We intend to keep her with us as long as possible.

Welcome @Smiley.
Don't worry about what you talk about or ask.
This is a great place to learn about what it's like
being on the Spectrum.
Some of the older ones, like myself, have a life time
of experiences to share.
:)

New Threads

Top Bottom