• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Eating Out

I've always had a hard time eating out, I've always been real peculiar about what places I am willing to eat. I try to avoid ever eating at a place where I am/we're the only people being served because I feel like I am being starred at, I don't really like sitting down and being served by a waiter.
Plus if the place is empty then that's a warning sign that the food isn't great or something else is wrong.

I don't have any problems with restaurants.
I am allergic to too many things to bother trying
to enter one. :)

I like restaurants when I'm sitting indoors, but when I'm at the seaside during the summer I don't like to eat lunch on the beach where most sitting places are outdoors. The first reason in that I'm afraid of wasps which often fly in these restaurants. The second reason is that people like to bring dogs to the beach and sometimes dogs walk in these restaurants and I'm afraid of them too. The third reason is that eating is less comfort when it's hot and summers at the seaside are often hot. I like dinners at the restaurant more. I like eating ice cream, but it always falls to me because I'm so clumsy.

Pre-Covid, I didn't eat at restaurants very often so when I did it was something to look forward to and was most often an enjoyable experience (earplugs in). Since that's not a thing I feel I can do any longer, Covid has taken that away from me. Same with grocery shopping. I used to thoroughly enjoy grocery shopping. Covid has taken that away from me.

Pre-Covid, I didn't eat at restaurants very often so when I did it was something to look forward to and was most often an enjoyable experience (earplugs in). Since that's not a thing I feel I can do any longer, Covid has taken that away from me. Same with grocery shopping. I used to thoroughly enjoy grocery shopping. Covid has taken that away from me.
In Croatia we almost forgot about COVID, there are tourists as usual at the seaside, I was in Crikvenica and there is business as usual, barely found a free parking lot, beaches are crowded, no place to sit in restaurants, there is a 50 m row of people in front of fast food to get a takeaway. The only thing that reminds us about COVID is a mandatory wearing masks in shops and other crowded closed spaces.

I almost always eat in my bedroom, so there's almost always at least a vague sense of discomfort when eating out. And I'm terrible at making up my mind, so choosing what to eat at a new place is always a pain. Otherwise my biggest complaints tend to be loud customers and small tables.

I almost always eat in my bedroom, so there's almost always at least a vague sense of discomfort when eating out. And I'm terrible at making up my mind, so choosing what to eat at a new place is always a pain. Otherwise my biggest complaints tend to be loud customers and small tables.
I often plan where to go when I have to eat out, but it often happens that the restaurant I planned is full or closed. Then it's a pain finding where to eat.

I have eaten out twice in the last month at a pizza joint I really like. There are only four tables set up. And both times mine was the only table that was occupied. All the other customers were doing take out. It's like being in heaven.

My wife and I do not go out unless it is absolutely necessary, so going out to eat is not going to happen. Maybe next spring. We are in that group of people (old with medical issues) who do not have a very good survival rate if infected with Covid. For now we just eat at home.

I like going to the seaside and go every summer, so it isn't summer for me if I don't go. There I cannot avoid eating out, but if I could choose it I would avoid it.

New Threads

Top Bottom