• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone here have endometriosis?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
I thought I had it because I had all the symptoms and when I got my periods it was the worse pain ever like I would die each time and I know high pain levels and it was the worse pain I have ever experienced some months.
I was like if I ever was able to have a baby how would I go through it if this is what period pain is like?
What was your experience with it?

I was like having periods is a form of dying, if I do not die this way I will be shocked because it was agony.
And I was like I cannot stand another minute of this and doubled over in pain in bed.

One clue is passing clots the size of the palm of your hand.

Speaking from experience.

Androgen for six months helped.
The hard part of that was having to take the pills six times a day.
They were small, but I had to have them with me so I didn't miss
a dose.

My oldest daughter and my now ex daughter-in-law. My daughter had a baby and it fixed itself. My daughter in law had a miscarriage and I'm not sure how she is going with it. They both went through absolute hell, on a monthly basis.

I don't think having babies is that much more painful, tbh, and I had 7, without hospitals and interventions. At least with having babies you have an end-game with a reward. Endo just sounds like the most awful thing. Normal period pain, before my babies (because despite the fact that giving birth is crazy painful, it stops the monthly horror that is painful periods) was bad enough. I, kind of like giving birth, because it helped with my horrible autistic hormone issues. Having a severe lack of normal levels of oxytocin meant I was lonely beyond cope-ability, as a young person, and unable to feel connection with anyone, really.

Having babies helped. It gives a massive oxytocin increase, as does breastfeeding. I think, I may've been a bit hypo (lacking in) sensitive to pain, but still, I am in deep empathy for what you are going through with endo. I watched my daughter suffer so horrendously, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy (if I had one).

My wife suffered from this for decades, despite doing "old school" treatments like birth control pills and surgical cauterization of the internal lining of her uterus. I really felt sorry for the pain she was going through. It was quite debilitating at times, and this was a woman who pushed out an 11 pound baby and had 2 hours of stitches afterward, and did it straight-faced without pain meds! THAT pain was less than her periods, at times. So, respect. A few pregnancies helped, but eventually, in her 40's, she ended up having the uterus removed (kept the ovaries) for hormonal health reasons. Now, in her late 50's is going through all the "lovely changes" associated with menopause.

New Threads

Top Bottom