• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else hate bathroom hand dryers?

I have mixed feelings about the hand dryers. Most times, I will just wipe my hands on my pants - not really because of the noise... That used to really make me bristle when I was younger, but I've learned to tolerate it... I hate the feeling of the cold water at the edges of the air stream with the 'conventional' hand dryers - the ones with the round nozzle and wide 'burst' pattern... I love the airblades - they don't seem to have that problem. Still, if I'm feeling particularly averse to noise at the moment, I'll just wipe and run, LOL

I don't mind them too much. I don't like how most of them turn off too soon or they don't dry your hands all the way. But they have grown to annoy me a little bit since I came to college. My dorm room is very close to the bathroom, so overtime someone uses the hand dryer, I can hear it. Like just this moment, even with my door shut, I heard a hand dryer. It's not annoying during the day, but late at night when I'm trying to sleep it's very annoying.

I HATE the Xlerator hand dryers! They're horribly loud. Also, some toilets flushing, like the ones at my daughter's pediatrician's office, are so uncomfortably loud to me, I have to put my hands over my ears when I flush them.

Yea but a toilet like that has excellent rimwash. No cleaning required.

My dad used to live in an apartment with a toilet so powerful the curtains would move towards the toilet when you flushed.

I hate the noise. Especially the Dyson airblades that so many places are installing, to the exclusion of paper towel. It's like someone holding a leaf blower up to your ear

Oh my gosh, I absolutely love them! If there are few people, or I am alone, I'll use it three times ^_^ But if it's super loud, it's a no-go. Some of them are surprisingly quiet and nice, though!

Yes, I hate those things. I don't like the noise or the way they feel. Usually I just dry my hands on my shirt over using one of those.

Good god I hate them. They're sensory overload. I steer well clear of them. I thought I might be alone in this.

New Threads

Top Bottom