• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you worry about the X-virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this scaremongering? Is it actually imminent? Why do they keep instilling fear into people for? It seems they're scaring us with a virus that hasn't even happened. Why? And if you think it's just sensationalising then why share it here?

No I'm not worried. Worrying about these things doesn't help and this isn't new, things like this has happened again and again throughout human history and we are still here.

Last edited:
I don't worry. If it will hit the fan, it just will, there is nothing anyone can do about it, so it's not worth spending time and resources on. I'll be better prepared for a lockdown if there will be one and I have good immunity, so I'm not worried about the illness itself.

@Misty Avich - nope. I am curious about what others think in the aftermath of what we came thru. If this is upsetting to you, please disregard this thread. Myself personally? I think should l throw away the 50 masks l have or should l keep them? I also felt like a criminal because l chose not to be vaccinated and for the first time, l felt like a social outcast. I was very pressured by friends to get the jab. This is to create a conversation, not create fear among the members of this forum.

Last edited:
No I'm not worried. Worrying about these things doesn't help. This isn't new, things like this has happened again and again throughout human history and we are still here. I'm more worried about people and governments wildly overreacting and panicking again than I am worried about diseases.
It seems ever since covid the media just love scaring us with new diseases. Monkeypox was one of them.

But what they're doing is crying wolf, which is why many people didn't take covid seriously if them or anyone they knew didn't get ill or die.

They should give these things better names, "x virus" sounds scary and freaks people out. "Fluffy Kitten virus", that's better. :)

It's like the TV show- X-files. Now it's the X-virus. I wish they had a vaccine that was guaranteed to wipe out diseases, bad relatives, taxes, and bad dates. There you go. And for little extra moola, you would lose 20 lbs. But l stare at these covid masks and contemplate is this how the government could efficiently take us in to lockdown mode if something was coming up on the horizon. This is a fascinating subject to me on the whole. I want to put everything under a microscope and examine this. Is this equivalent to the bubonic plague that threatened entire cities?

Last edited:
They should give these things better names, "x virus" sounds scary and freaks people out. "Fluffy Kitten virus", that's better. :)
It turns people it fluffy kittens. Can you imagine? First day "awwwww", second day "lots of cats around today", third day "heeeelllllppppp"

Hearing the name "X-Virus" is just making me think of the X-Men, as if it's something that going to turn us all into super-powered mutants.
Reminds me of this:

Hearing that just sends me into a dreaded panic and depression. And it's no good saying "you can't do anything about it so stop worrying", while that is really another way of saying "it is going to happen", it's also false, because apparently there WAS something we could have done about it, which is isolating everyone and shutting down businesses to prevent the spread...even though millions of people still got it anyway and a lot died.

Australia will just slam it's borders shut again, no problem. That worked superbly well, except for in Sydney and Melbourne where corrupt politicians kept making exceptions for foreigners with money. Half of Hollywood spent 2020 and 2021 in Australia. The rest of the country had a great time.

In Adelaide we only had 3 weeks of lockdown, and then thanks to an outbreak scare we locked down for another week late in the year. The person responsible for that small outbreak was jailed for breach of quarantine. I wish the lockdown lasted longer here, I really enjoyed it and I wish the world was like that all the time.

Nope, I'm not worried. But yes, it will probably happen. And after covid, it will be harder to contain because half the country will refuse to wear a mask or do anything about it. Then again, maybe I'm gone by then so I'm not going to worry since there are other real things to worry about.

I would handle another lockdown pandemic better than the last one, just because I'm now experienced in what to expect and what to do to protect myself and my family. I grow a lot of food and preserve a lot of it so I'd feel fairly secure about having enough to eat and not having to go to stores. The 2020-2021 lockdown was stressful for my mental health, I worried about my children and grandchildren, I felt lonely a lot of the time, and I missed traveling and exploring new places.

I'm not going to throw away the dozens of cloth masks I had made for us before the good medical masks became available to buy. Cloth masks may not work very well, but I'm keeping them for now.

I got a couple of the Covid vaccinations when they first became available because I'm old and deemed higher risk. They were not a big deal and I had no discomfort from them, but I haven't had any of the newer versions of the vax.

Well where I live, we don't stand much chance then, as all and sundry are allowed to sail over here illegally in dinghies and get a priority to live here.

Hearing that just sends me into a dreaded panic and depression. And it's no good saying "you can't do anything about it so stop worrying", while that is really another way of saying "it is going to happen", it's also false, because apparently there WAS something we could have done about it, which is isolating everyone and shutting down businesses to prevent the spread...even though millions of people still got it anyway and a lot died.

I think it's important to keep in mind that this isn't new, it's not like we have lived in a virus-free world and then suddenly a virus attacks us. And there is also some scaremongering going on, you know what they say, never waste a good crisis. Humans are resilient and we live with viruses around us all the time. Try to not panic, you only wear yourself out for nothing. Panicking is the least helpful thing we can do.

I think it's important to keep in mind that this isn't new, it's not like we have lived in a virus-free world and then suddenly a virus attacks us. And there is also some scaremongering going on, you know what they say, never waste a good crisis. Humans are resilient and we live with viruses around us all the time. Try to not panic, you only wear yourself out for nothing. Panicking is the least helpful thing we can do.
Well in my whole lifetime, and in my parent's, and even grandparent's, we have never experienced anything quite like covid (the pandemic). We've heard of viruses come and go in our lives but never have we ever had to all be shut indoors and wear masks. I don't think a major global pandemic like that has actually happened since the Spanish flu 100 years ago. My grandparents said that the last time they've had to strictly live under government guidelines like that was during WW2.

I still don't understand why so many people rushed and scrambled to buy toilet paper for a respiratory illness. Other people must be built differently to me. :)

Well in my whole lifetime, and in my parent's, and even grandparent's, we have never experienced anything quite like covid (the pandemic).

I think it's more like we have never experienced that kind of reaction or restrictions. 🤔 For example, lots of people die of the common flu every year. That's considered to be normal, we don't shut everything down and force people to wear masks when the flu season begins. Seems odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom