• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you still borrow books at the Library?

I've gradually transitioned to screen reading and my science feed on MSN.
Kindle and a few audiobooks.

There is a new library about half a mile away that is very nice, but rather than take the time to drive there for books, the net provides what I want when I want it.

There are several physical libraries in my community.

I agree with you regarding reading from screens, I much prefer to hold onto something. I'm the person who will print an article before reading it. I like the ability to take a yellow highlighter to it. Give me a physical book and a bookmark. I love the tactile experience of something I can turn pages, feel and smell the paper, etc.

I have not read in a long time
But love physical books and bookmarks and curling up in bed with books
You know when the bookmark falls out...your life is over

I have never borrowed a book from a library, I like to keep the books after I read them because I write and annotate my favorite parts. Especially if it’s a book I’d like to reread or be reminded of when I see it sitting on my book shelf. I do find it to be cheaper to use a kindle instead of buying physical books and the best part is you can still write and annotate and it’s very convenient for storage and traveling.

I'm planning on walking down the street tomorrow, a 5 minute walk, to the library bus that comes to my village, to return and borrow books, tomorrow.

The town/ tiny city 1/2 hr away has two libraries, an adult one and a kid's one, now, since floods nearly wiped the place out and our big library still hasn't recovered (and it's been nearly 2 years since the floods, two in the space of a month) and I go there to.

And we now (since floods) have another give- away-or-take-books book exchange as well. I want to give them a book (a book on ptsd, as loads of people have it, from the floods, people died and got trapped on their roofs and it was hella scary).

Speaking of people we know who are librarians; my Aspie dad was one, a university librarian and now, my sister-from-my-dad's-side (half sister) also Aspie, I believe, is also a librarian.

I have never borrowed a book from a library, I like to keep the books after I read them because I write and annotate my favorite parts. Especially if it’s a book I’d like to reread or be reminded of when I see it sitting on my book shelf. I do find it to be cheaper to use a kindle instead of buying physical books and the best part is you can still write and annotate and it’s very convenient for storage and traveling.

I have a quick tip about digital books, did you know that we don't actually own digital books we buy? Or movies or music. I always recommend buying hard copies, regular books that no one can take from you or edit.

I have a quick tip about digital books, did you know that we don't actually own digital books we buy? Or movies or music. I always recommend buying hard copies, regular books that no one can take from you or edit.

I have kindle unlimited subscription, I pay $10 a month so I can read any book without paying for it, it’s considered “borrowing” the book. I personally don’t care to own digital books, I always return them to kindle once I finish them. I do get to keep the annotations and writings I do on the books to look at later if I want.

New Threads

Top Bottom