• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you sit on the grass anymore?

I'm neither a physical nor outdoor person, and still I've sucked it up and coped. I have flat feet and myriad allergies, including mold and pollen, so me and outdoorsmanship do not get along. Plus, my thyroid is hosed, my resting heart rate has been known to idle above the normal range, and I'm pretty sure I have neurological injuries from an assault I suffered. I still wound up living in a tent in a park in the Colorado mountains just outside Denver, for a while, as winter closed in, and by some lovely coincidence, it frosted my first night out, and I discovered in the nastiest way possible that Walmart photoshops its tent images on the retail box to conceal that a lot of their tents have open mesh and are not meant to protect you from wind or cold. It could have been a fun adventure if not for the abysmal circumstances, which involved being left up the creek by family distracted by, shall we say, extremely worldly concerns.

I spend almost no time outdoors to begin with, but I will say that the concept of sitting in the grass is untenable for me to even think of doing now. I remember when I was a child I did it on some circumstances and I remember how it got my clothes so dirty.

The number one concern to me is bugs, though. I have a phobia of insects touching me. D: I suppose right now in the winter the insects have crawled to whatever hellpit they come from so it's safe, but usually it's not lol.

I spend almost no time outdoors to begin with, but I will say that the concept of sitting in the grass is untenable for me to even think of doing now. I remember when I was a child I did it on some circumstances and I remember how it got my clothes so dirty.

The number one concern to me is bugs, though. I have a phobia of insects touching me. D: I suppose right now in the winter the insects have crawled to whatever hellpit they come from so it's safe, but usually it's not lol.
If you get any more angry at those poor bugs, you'll begin to sound like me.

New Threads

Top Bottom