• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you hate it when someone ignores you?

Roxiee

~ broken but beautiful ~
So, I'm not annoyed but I'm asking a question but wanting to hear others side of the question, do you get annoyed or frustrated when someone replies to someone else but sees you're message but ignores you?

For example, it happened to me today, I welcomed someone not gonna say the user but then they replied to someone else, we was chatting but then they ignore me? But they talked before.. makes no sense.

Try not to be bothered by those kinds of things. There could be any number of reasons why a person doesn't respond to a post on a forum. If you're bothered by things like that then you're setting yourself up for frequent emotional hardship.

Try not to be bothered by those kinds of things. There could be any number of reasons why a person doesn't respond to a post on a forum. If you're bothered by things like that then you're setting yourself up for frequent emotional hardship.
When did I say I was bothered? I'm just saying lol

I often don't respond because i have nothing to really say about it. It's pretty much an autism thing for me. I forgot to respond to people all the time.

I don't hate it, that would be too much, but I'm definitely bothered if it's someone I care about, because it makes me thing the relationship we had is not what I thought it was.

The most likely scenario is that I won't make further attempts to communicate with someone who has ignored me, unless I have to for specific reasons.

I know I have been "guilty" of looking at a thread but only responding to another posters comments on the thread and not the thread it's self.

I do this because that commenter has said something that inspires me or triggers me in some way. The original question is usually equally inspiring/triggering but I may find my direct comment on the topic to not contribute to the conversation.

I certainly don't mean to be rude or disrespectful to the original poster.

Hey, no hidden things here, if you are talking about me, i was not ignoring you! i like you i was just chatting, i am ignored a lot in real life and i hate it, i know how it feels, also know people with autism have this tendency to think other people intentions are bad when they are not, myself included!, i have a past of bad experiences trying to make friends, i hope we can work this out, because i like you, and even want to support you in this bad time you are going through in any little way i can.

Hey, no hidden things here, if you are talking about me, i was not ignoring you! i like you i was just chatting, i am ignored a lot in real life and i hate it, i know how it feels, also know people with autism have this tendency to think other people intentions are bad when they are not, myself included!, i have a past of bad experiences trying to make friends, i hope we can work this out, because i like you, and even want to support you in this bad time you are going through in any little way i can.
I didn't mean you hun!

I know I have been "guilty" of looking at a thread but only responding to another posters comments on the thread and not the thread it's self.

I do this because that commenter has said something that inspires me or triggers me in some way. The original question is usually equally inspiring/triggering but I may find my direct comment on the topic to not contribute to the conversation.

I certainly don't mean to be rude or disrespectful to the original poster.
I just feel like I've posted something I regret.. it's not a good post my thread

I hate it when people ignore me in real life. But online - no. There are so many reasons for what one would interpret as "ignoring". But I am rather optimistic in how I perceive people. For example I almost never think that when people "ignore" me, that they do it because they do not like me, or find me annoying. I think it is because they have something else to do (like their life) or don't know yet how to respond, or something else. So that is why I don't hate it I guess. Because it doesn't make me feel bad.

I oftentimes worry about "ignoring" people between-

lack of executive function enough to write a reasonable reply,
something in a message that's a trifle uncomfortable or at least awkward, deserves a bit extra thought,
tons of other responsibilities piling up
not knowing how to respond to something,
the list goes on & on. I don't like ignoring people though.

Some people operate with a bit more instant connectivity; I tend to be pretty slow about moving & replying to stuff. Some things take a bit of thinking & I don't want to upset people by replying hastily.

something in a message that's a trifle uncomfortable or at least awkward, deserves a bit extra thought,

Some people operate with a bit more instant connectivity; I tend to be pretty slow about moving & replying to stuff. Some things take a bit of thinking & I don't want to upset people by replying hastily.
Same… I always worry that people think I’m ignoring their messages :(
I’m not ignoring yours either :p
I get really overwhelmed when I get a bunch of messages over the course of a week or a few days and I don’t respond to them for a while.
There are a few people on here who probably think I’m ignoring them, and I’m sorry :( I’m not :( Just overwhelmed with general life stuff and not able to respond to everyone right away, or even quickly in some cases… I’m working on it though!

Mhm...

Depends on who it is and the circumstances. Before my divorce I was facebook friends with my, then step-daughter. She would acknowledge everyone's comments on her posts but mine. Always. So I removed her for my own sake because it just irritated me every time. She requested being friends again so I accepted, just to have her do the same thing again, so I removed her and left it at that.
If someone posts something, to me they are welcoming all comments and I feel like they need to at least acknowledge with a 'like' or something.

I've had people ignore me in person, too. Years ago I was trying to ask a question to someone who just kept looking past me to see who else was present. (Fine, then - I'm not going to tell you about that bugar hanging from your nose). Another time, I was trying to tell my boss something important and the entire time she kept picking up her phone to make calls. Answering the phone I could understand, but making phone calls, no.... So I finally said never mind and walked out. A week later when it became a bigger problem she came to me to ask about it and I told her that I tried to talk to her about it but she was too busy making phone calls so I wasn't going to discuss it now, she'd just have to figure out how to deal with it. I'm pretty sure if she could have found just cause I would have been fired. lol

I hate being ignored. I say something, and the other person seems not to notice. It usually happens in groups. I get that in some places, particularly in online forums where there are a lot of people talking, maybe my message just doesn't resonate as much as other peoples'. so there's less to say about it.
It's very discouraging when it happens in real life, though, and it's one reason I don't talk much.

New Threads

Top Bottom