• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do People Think You Are Blaming Them?

So, you are saying that I consider myself to be an inferior person? I'm afraid I don't agree. I don't recognize "social status." I'll go along with "authority" because of the consequences if I don't but I definitely don't consider them to be somehow superior to me.

If you are suggesting that I am allowing myself to be bullied, that is one characteristic Aspie trait that I don't possess. Many times in my youth I came to the rescue of others that were being bullied and ran them off. If I ask someone to repeat something it is because I didn't hear what they said. I think you are reading too much into it.

No - I'm saying that IF a person wants to understand what "is happening (which is the question) then one needs to understand how social people "think". The individual Asperger can choose how they wish to use that information.

I'd think many Neurotypicals are likely to be unaware as to how difficult it might be for those on the spectrum to process a conversation in real-time in an environment that has any number of sensory distractions.

Even when a single person is speaking to me, if there are other distinct sounds occurring at the same time it can sometimes be painfully difficult for me to filter out those other sounds sufficient to comprehend every single word a person says.

Having tinnitus in my right ear doesn't help either.

This reminds me of that YouTube presentation of a child in a shopping mall....from an autistic perspective where so many unwanted sounds at the same time can be stifling given a limited ability to filter them.

Blame is irrelevant. It is what it is. Something we must deal with on a regular basis.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom