• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do any adults actually LIKE the holidays?

This time of year I get asked to play music for lots of Christmas functions. I much prefer being (hiding) behind my guitar and microphone than actually talking to people. I'm a little bit put out by the fact that people expect me to play for free at Christmas! I'd like to say Bah humbug, but I do appreciate that it makes other people happy. I miss my family especially at this time of year. Seasons greetings

I know some kids don't like the holidays either, but when I was little I'd be super-excited. Too excited, really. It was pretty cringe sometimes. I'd write my letter to Santa but I'd change it about twenty times before finally sending it. And then there was the constant fear that my presents would all be taken back if I so much as shed a single tear. My parents were always going on about me crying too much. But I'm not a kid anymore and I don't have to put up with as much sensory overload as I dd before. And I can cry as long I do it quietly...

No, I do not like the holidays. I consider this time a slap on the face bordering on personal insult. I won't bore you with the reasons, most of you are aware. I do realize I am an extreme example.

That's kind of how I feel. I don't know your reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're similar to mine.

I really just try to get through the holidays while salvaging my mental health. Every time someone asks me about my plans or what I did etc. it's like being kicked.

I just want to get back to normal, jan 4th.
Wishing time away however, feels wrong, it should be cherished.
I just want places to stay open at normal times, as it the change that I struggle with.
Christmas and New Years day, nowhere open but pubs.
What if I want to go out?

I feel ashamed to say this, but I am dreading tomorrow.
New Year's Day, alone.
I had an upsetting argument, and while I have stuff to do, arguments mess with my concentration, and I just fear the day stretching ahead of me as it is long, because I get up early, because I wake up early.

The local birds are freaking out and desperately trying to fly at night to a safe hiding place; because so many people are firing off fireworks in their backyards.
:(

The local birds are freaking out and desperately trying to fly at night to a safe hiding place; because so many people are firing off fireworks in their backyards.
:(

My township shoots off fireworks at midnight. I was already asleep, they woke my dog up, who shot out of the bedroom and barked her head off (thus waking me up).

Ordinarily I would be the kind of person to rush to the window to watch them myself, but I was just frustrated because I had been asleep and wanted to go back to sleep...fortunately they didn't last long.

It being MT,
fortunately they didn't last long.
That’s good. There’s some guy just north of here shooting off rounds until 1 am. After that it got deeply quiet. Nothing like the quiet of a very cold New Year’s morning at 4 am.

I feel ashamed to say this, but I am dreading tomorrow.
New Year's Day, alone.
I had an upsetting argument, and while I have stuff to do, arguments mess with my concentration, and I just fear the day stretching ahead of me as it is long, because I get up early, because I wake up early.
Following on from this post.
Yesterday I woke up and had two meltdowns.
I rang crisis team and was melting down on the phone.
I am sorry to say, but I like my real CPN better than the one I spoke to on the phone, as my real CPN does seem to care, she is just overworked but I understand that,.
I struggled with yesterday.

I do not like Thanksgiving or Christmas, but I do love New Years Eve and the excuse it gives me to eat junk food and watch horror movies to greet the new year with.

New Year's Eve was spent alone at home with a nice meal and some movies.

I had a great New Years day with my family.

I think the highlight of the day was before dinner where we all stood up read off randomly selected pieces of paper my 87 year old aunt wrote up and then said something we were thankful for and to wish an even better year for the next one.
Mine was about how time was like how ocean waves can only hit your feet one and never do it again, something that will never happen again, no matter how much you wish they would.
I added that in the end, no matter how long you live, you will discover how little time it was and how precious each moment really is.

Richness isn't measured in financial wealth or all the possessions in the world, it is measured in the good experiences you have and the people who entered your circle to help you get there :cool:
Having said that, I wish you all a happy and prosperous new year :)

I'm glad the holidays are over.
I struggle with them, they did a number on me this year.
They seemed to drag out, today is the first normal day, and people are still off until Monday.

New Threads

Top Bottom