• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

DC Comics movies

SteveNomad

Does anybody else follow the DC Comics series of movies (Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etcetera.)? I do.
More later!!!!!!!!!

I like ,dont own ,the wonder woman and superman comics from the 1940s-50s[/QUOTE

...There's lots of reprints of the 40s and 50s comics, have you ever had any of those to read? I have some (but can't access them now:-(), could have more.
There's a lot of modern editions of the old comics available!!!:)
The latest DC movie is JOKER, with Joaquin Phoenix. I haven't seen it yet.

@SteveNomad

...There's lots of reprints of the 40s and 50s comics, have you ever had any of those to read? I have some (but can't access them now:-(), could have more.
There's a lot of modern editions of the old comics available!!!:)
The latest DC movie is JOKER, with Joaquin Phoenix. I haven't seen it yet.[/QUOTE]
never managed to find the reprints saw some 70s re-print on an online store !but it was too much !,I had some in the 1980s, That were current at the time!but I gave them away ,it was starting to feel like hoarding, I didn’t read them often enough.

I liked Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Man of Steel the best. I thought that that Batman v. Superman was too dark and almost incoherent - I think they tried to pack too much into a single movie and it didn't flow smoothly. Dawn of Justice was a little better, but still low on my list. I like the Flash character in Dawn of Justice and would like to see him in his own movie.

I think that Wonder Woman and Aquaman show that they're getting better at balancing the character development and the action without going too dark like they have with the last few Batman movies.

I am slowly working my way through seasons and seasons of Arrowverse shows - caught up on Flash and Supergirl, and starting Arrow. I couldn't get through more than half a season of Legends.

Liked Captain America! again I think it’s because it’s harking back to the 1940s .I don’t like them when they start to become closer to the 1970s or 80s, the flash is alright but it still becoming slightly too modern.

...I think you mean " Justice League " for the movie with Flash, don't you:(? I think " Dawn Of Justice " was the sub-title of " Batman V. Superman ", wasn't it;)? I don't get to see the DC TV series, really, at all:+):oops:.........

Liked Captain America! again I think it’s because it’s harking back to the 1940s .I don’t like them when they start to become closer to the 1970s or 80s, the flash is alright but it still becoming slightly too modern.

...Do you mean the The Flash TV series, which runs on the The CW network in America?:eek: I thought that the story took place in modern times.

...I think you mean " Justice League " for the movie with Flash, don't you:(? I think " Dawn Of Justice " was the sub-title of " Batman V. Superman ", wasn't it;)? I don't get to see the DC TV series, really, at all:+):oops:.........
If youre replying to me I mean the flash tv series ,I see when its on free to air tv a year or more after subscription TV ,don’t worry about not remembering ,thankfully you’ll never experience hopefully female menopause or pregnancy. .I never could understand what people were talking about when you said things about pregnancy or menopause ,it’s like nothing else you feel like you are going senile, never been pregnant, I always thought I would have a photographic memory that’s gone.

...Do you mean the The Flash TV series, which runs on the The CW network in America?:eek: I thought that the story took place in modern times.
Yes but it’s on a free sky TV channel in the UK ,I started watching it and got used to it, being autistic I do not like change.

Yeah. That's what I meant to think.

I always thought I would have a photographic memory that’s gone.

I have started forgetting stuff in the last 10 years. It's been absolutely wonderful to be able to forget things.

When I can't remember something, I tell people it's my "half"-heimers, because it's not quite "Allz"-heimers (A line I stole from someone wittier than me).

I don't get to see the DC TV series, really, at all:+):oops:.........

I "watch" them on Netflix (Edit: Just remembered that not everyone here is in 'Murica, and saying "It's on Netflix!" is probably not helpful at all - sorry). "Watch" because I use them as background noise while I'm working on something else - it helps me focus. When there are action scenes, I just tell myself, "Yep, they're fighting. There's a lot of punching and the occasional cool move," and then I hear from the dialog who won.

I find the Arrowverse shows are good for that, because they're okay, but not totally engrossing. If a TV show is really interesting to me, then I have to actually watch it. Like, I'm actually watching a different show right now, and "actually watching" is something I only get time for once or twice a week.

...Streetwise - I take it you're female? I'm a male, if I didn't point that out:eek:. So you have been through both pregnancy and menopause? Actually I believe the CW is a broadcast, free, network (I think they sat " terrestial " in the UK, if you have a standard TV set and a source of electricity you can watch it. But:(...........
Nervus Rex; practicically everybody seemed to hate the Justice League movie!:mad: I thought it became okay/acceptable in the latter part, when the action kicked in. I know there's a different longer R-rated edit of Batman V. Superman on the DaVD - Not just a few extra scenes, a different cut. Have you seen it?
I haven't been able to get the DVDo_O...........

...Streetwise - I take it you're female? I'm a male, if I didn't point that out:eek:. So you have been through both pregnancy and menopause? Actually I believe the CW is a broadcast, free, network (I think they sat " terrestial " in the UK, if you have a standard TV set and a source of electricity you can watch it. But:(...........
Nervus Rex; practicically everybody seemed to hate the Justice League movie!:mad: I thought it became okay/acceptable in the latter part, when the action kicked in. I know there's a different longer R-rated edit of Batman V. Superman on the DaVD - Not just a few extra scenes, a different cut. Have you seen it?
I haven't been able to get the DVDo_O...........
Ah I confused somebody what a shock not no I've never been pregnant, yes I know about the network but you wait at least a year to watch it on free to air TV in the UK I won't say anymore

I've seen a lot of people hating on Man of Steel, too. I just tell myself, that that's their opinion, and I have mine. I like what I like and I don't need anyone else to like it.

I haven't seen the R-rated Batman V. Superman. I'm not old enough to watch R-rated shows. I will watch edited versions of them, though.

...How old are you? The " R " meaning means " should have parental input "z not " off-limuts to underage ".
However, if your parents do have a " No Rs at all " rule, I won't tell you to break that.

...How old are you? The " R " meaning means " should have parental input "z not " off-limits to underage ".

I'm 50. I was being facetious. :p

I avoid rated-R content because I have to live with everything I put in my head. If I hear or read profanity or anything too graphic or sexually explicit, during the day, then that's what goes through my head as I try to go to sleep at night. It's like the content is too shocking and my subconscious mind demands that I make sense of it before it lets me go to sleep. So, I avoid it as much as possible.

I also avoid "graphic emotions", if that made-up-on-the-spot term makes sense. If a TV show is suitable for prime time but is all about anger and revenge, I won't watch it because I know I will absorb all the anger from the show.

Also, anything with zombies will give me nightmares. I'm 50...and I still get nightmares if I see something scary. :rolleyes: The nice thing is, at this age I'm a lot more in control of what I am exposed to than a kid is.

Edit: Another example - Last week, I was looking for a new TV show to watch and so I watched the 2-part pilot of Supernatural. It looks very well done and I don't have anything bad to say about the show. But I got two minutes into episode 3 and realized that I won't be able to handle seeing some random characters get killed at the start of every episode just to introduce this episode's antagonist. So...no Supernatural for me.

Last edited:
...I have recently found out that the " JOKER " movie has sirred up some contreversy due to its decision to make use, in course if the movie, of 1970s British pop star Gary Glitter's " Rock & Roll Part ll ", as Glitter, folli his conviction for crimes that I'll let you look up the details about yourself, had become nearly a non-person, a " folk villian ", his many British hit records and TV allearancesge really tucked away, no longer exposed.

New Threads

Top Bottom