• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cryptids and the like

Ravkrat

Was curius if anyone else on here was obssessed/interested in this.

What are cryptids? Hm..the most known are: mongolian death-worm,chupacabra,bigfoot,yeti and the list goes on and on.
Would be funny if my college had classes on cryptozoology

Oooh, cryptozoology is fun. I've always kind of wished mythical animals were real, especially unicorns and pegasi. (I love horses. :p)

Some books that people interested in this topic might like (If you read only one book on the list, make it Borges's The Book of Imaginary Beings, I'm currently reading The Book of Barely Imagined Beings, which is actually about real-world creatures that nobody could have invented, but it's great):

Bestiaries (91 books)

Last edited:
enhanced-buzz-wide-21687-1411579820-12.jpg

Many of the cryptids purported to exist in Canada come from native lore and stories, some created to entertain or scare children from exploring too far from their homes.

My mom and I saw a kangaroo in San Francisco, actually on the Presidio when it was still home to the 6th Army. None were reported missing from zoos.

When was that, and did you report it?
Back in the 70s, my mom was driving me to school, back in 8th grade. My mom called around wondering if it escaped from the zoo. I posted it on a website awhile back about weird sightings, it's probably still there.

Back in the 70s, my mom was driving me to school, back in 8th grade. My mom called around wondering if it escaped from the zoo. I posted it on a website awhile back about weird sightings, it's probably still there.

Maybe - an interesting sight, nonetheless.
There's often reports of big cats, such as panthers, there are reported to be inhabiting areas where you wouldn't normally find them, so it doesn't surprise me that there are potentially other animals been reported in other areas beyond their natural habitat.

I used to talk with a friend for hours about the New Jersey Devil and the Beast of Gévaudan, that one is particularly interesting. If you haven't already read about it I recommend you do.

We were also obsessed with the black dog, although that isn't a cryptid in the standard sense. Even now we toy with the idea of visiting the church that to this day has claw marks said to have been caused by the hound.

Noticed from Tree's map that there are nine lake serpents, which seem to be similar in shape and form.

I love cryptids!

Have any of you ever heard of the Ahool? It's am impressively large bat with an ape face, that supposedly makes an "Ahool" noise. (The name is based on its key vocalization.) They have been spotted on the island of Java.

There are some theories out there, however, that state that the Ahool isn't a bat, but an owl that is known to live in the region. In this particular case, based on the very owl-like vocalization, I tend to believe that the Ahool is more plausibly an owl and not a bat.

New Threads

Top Bottom