• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can't seem to bother to text people anymore

By the way, what if someone tries to text? Will I receive those later if I turn flight mode off?
Probably not; it only tries a few times I believe, and then it's gone. The sender may see that it didn't go through.

Sometimes we are too honest, and NTs dont tend to like that. They prefer idioms, metaphors, alternative ways of saying things, small talk (conversation about random pointless stuff) and all that is not really how we tend to think. Ever heard of Transactional Analysis? Its a set of psychological theories which say that people "play games". Mind games. Not all mind games are bad as you would see in a jealous girlfriend or a controlling husband. Many mind games are a way to simply get through a conversation or interaction. Its a method of communication to get to a particular set of emotions or outcomes for the person who "plays".

Anyway..... Most NTs need you to play their games, ie to communicate according to how they feel not how you feel, and most likely if you dont communicate how they need you to, you'll get dumped. That's normal, believe it or not, it's just that NTs are good at this and we are not.

The problem with this is that you'll spend your ENTIRE life trying to work out what to say, how to respond, what they want/need from you, what you are doing wrong. You're not doing anything wrong, just not giving them what they need because you cant understand what they need, and THAT is not wrong. It's aspie. It doesnt mean that you are defective or incomplete, just honest and straightforward.

Doesnt help if you're trying to find friends though. But these people who dump you by text are not your friends and were never going to be. Building a relationship by text is fraught with problems. Problems we aspies really dont need. Perhaps find a different way to find friends?

Anyway..... Most NTs need you to play their games, ie to communicate according to how they feel not how you feel, and most likely if you dont communicate how they need you to, you'll get dumped. That's normal, believe it or not, it's just that NTs are good at this and we are not.

I think there's a nugget right there. The NT keeps wanting to know how I feel. But according to this, the NT wants me to describe how they feel. Weird. Let me try that. o_O

I think there's a nugget right there. The NT keeps wanting to know how I feel. But according to this, the NT wants me to describe how they feel. Weird. Let me try that. o_O

Just talked to the psychiatrist today and it's more like: don't talk about what you feel, and never use the word "I". Makes sense. Works wonders. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom