• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can you tell your left from your right?

I'm right handed with ambidextrous tendencies.
My trick for knowing which is left is to look at my hands palm down and space out the thumbs. The thumb and pointer finger on left hand makes an L. ;)

If i need to know which is right ... it's the hand i write with. Right =write:p

I have no problem telling left from right.

I'm right handed for everything except hockey.

In karate I like to keep a left foot forward stance as well. This allows quick movements using the left leg, and powerful (but slower) movements using the right leg. Bonus thought: I recently learned that my left abdominals are stronger that my right; could this be a reason for the left forward stance? The only reason I found out is because I am doing crunches with a weight at the gym now. While doing the 100s of crunches in the dojo, I didn't realize this. I've been out of karate for 10 years now.

I'm right handed and have no trouble telling left from right. Which is kind of essential, as I have to tell the surgeon which body part to cut :p

I mix up left and right all the time, in terms of telling direction. I'm right-handed, and (speaking of martial arts) unfortunately I quit judo because some kid was bullying me there for being "weak".

I can type very fast using both hands, so one can say I'm somewhat ambidextrous? But all-in-all, right-handed is the right (no pun intended) way to describe me.

I'm right handed, but I prefer to use left hand jabs when I'm boxing. I think it might be more of a learned thing though as the jab is my favourite punch, gets them every time ;)

I have a terrible time remembering right and left. I have to think which hand do I write with? Since I am right handed, then I remember. But I have to go through that whole process.

For a long time I had to look for a scar on my right had to determine left from right. I was ambidextrous when I played basketball. But that was because I broke my right arm when I was a kid. It still cane easy to me and made me a great basketball player.

I am right handed but struggle to tell the difference. When I was younger a put shoes on the wrong feet a lot longer then most kids. When I do cordinates and the like it maths I have to right L and R on my paper to remind me. I use the L and R method or as one of the boys at school taught my L is for loser, J is for Jake. (Jake was very mean to me).

I am right handed but struggle to tell the difference. When I was younger a put shoes on the wrong feet a lot longer then most kids. When I do cordinates and the like it maths I have to right L and R on my paper to remind me. I use the L and R method or as one of the boys at school taught my L is for loser, J is for Jake. (Jake was very mean to me).
Although weirdly I always just pick up a pen in my right hand.

Judging by my extremely embarrassing reversing (my car into a bay) performance yesterday, no, I don't know my left from my right:oops:.

I was dizzy, disorientated and bright red by the time I eventually left my car.:eek:

It took me a while. There is this trick that if you hold your fingers a certain way the left hand makes an L shape while the right hand makes a backwards L. I'm not sure how to better explain that but that has helped me.

New Threads

Top Bottom