• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can you tell by looking at ones face if they have Asperger's?

Interesting...by clothing. I don't have a clue along such lines.

Can you elaborate in any detail? Mens and womens clothing?
Well, clothing isn't definitive. However, Aspies are more likely to dress just slightly differently than others, to not be quite aware of what current trends say a certain person of a certain age living in a certain area should be wearing.
Some Aspies dress very flashily, even bizarrely, others, like myself, dress quietly, but differently than others.
Not that clothing is a definitive way of recognising an Aspie, but we do have those tendencies.
I only noticed this recently. Most of my life, I dressed differently than others, but was also oblivious to what people were wearing.

I've only ever met two. The first was diagnosed simply as autistic, and he always dressed in a tshirt and jeans with traditional two-inch long hair and very mild stubble. At work, his uniform was always clean. The only thing autistic about him was a stutter, unblinking stare, and no concept of personal space or when to stop following you through the store as you did your grocery shopping. Very sweet guy, a lot of people went to that store because of him. He was always smiling and had something good to say. The second was diagnosed with Asperger's, had long hair, typically wore jeans with a suit coat, and had an almost comically serious expression. Thinking back, they both did have a very rhythmic way of talking. They seemed to follow the same tonal pattern through each sentence.

I'm always in loose, comfortable dude's clothes. But I'm a tomboy, so no surprise there. ;)

I think you can identify SOME by looking at them, but not all; perhaps even not a majority.

I've heard all my life that I always look mad or serious, and I'm constantly told I need to smile more. So I suppose you could identify me by looking at my face.

this might be aspergers-sy dress, to the user who asked

fgdfgjjdf.jpg

i think they share a common facial structure,

and most people with aspergers would be descended from central/northern Europe.

Most European Americans actually came from germany, not Britain as it is sometimes wrongly thought

carlsen08.jpg

Cro-mag skulls were much less prognathic. The protruding lower-face may be a remnant from the more primitive neanderthal rather than the later Amud skull. Chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen has a similar lower-face structure (with a much more prominent jaw, of course):

I can usually tell by observing someone if they might possibly have AS/HFA. The combination of how they talk, respond, and facial expressions as well as their mannerisms. Watching how they interact with their environment, family, and random strangers (like cashiers or customers at work) is usually enough for me to get a good idea of if they have it or not.

A guy i work with i think has it and it only took me taking over for him on the registers (so he could go to lunch/break/home) once or twice for me to solidify my theory that he probably has it too. His behavior and mannerisms were just too familiar to me, that's how i described it to myself in the moment back then.

facial structure is also linked to vitamin d/k2 levels

and these are very low in modern western society, because of diet and lifestyle

these 4 people have a look to them, and they were all rumoured to have aspergers too
. Messi has been said to have mild autism, and he has "the autism look"

all are also ethnically, Central European/ or Nordic

adasdasd.png

adasdasdasd.jpg

paul dano

asdadasd.jpg

PaulMorphy.jpg

paul morphy greatest chess player

sdfsdfsdfsfdsf.jpg

are you seriously telling me they don't have a "look " about them,

Last edited:
facial structure is also linked to vitamin d/k2 levels

and these are very low in modern western society, because of diet and lifestyle

these 4 people have a look to them, and they were all rumoured to have aspergers too
. Messi has been said to have mild autism, and he has "the autism look"

all are also ethnically, Central European/ or Nordic

adasdasd.png

adasdasdasd.jpg

paul dano

asdadasd.jpg

PaulMorphy.jpg

paul morphy greatest chess player

sdfsdfsdfsfdsf.jpg

are you seriously telling me they don't have a "look " about them,
"The look" in these people seems to be more a matter of their facial expression than of their physical facial structure. Edit: except for the fact that there seems to be a trend of a large forehead.

i think they share a common facial structure,

and most people with aspergers would be descended from central/northern Europe.

I do not believe either of these statements to be accurate.

When you have a theory like this, it's always good not just to look for things that confirm the theory but for anything that might falsify it. There are many autistic and aspergian people who do not have a European background. It's easy to find people with Aspergers who don't share features with any common look that has been proposed for people with Aspergers.

If there was any reliable evidence for such a look, that look would already be part of the diagnostic criteria.

carlsen08.jpg

Cro-mag skulls were much less prognathic. The protruding lower-face may be a remnant from the more primitive neanderthal rather than the later Amud skull. Chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen has a similar lower-face structure (with a much more prominent jaw, of course):

Neanderthals were human just like us and certainly not primitive! Their skulls were flatter but that is because they lived longer than we do as modern people. If you were to look at two pictures of people from different eras, you could tell they came from two different eras!

I do not look autistic and it is only when ones get to know me, they start to see things that show I am an aspie. I do not have the stare now; I have moments of staring but it used to be a lot worse; every where I went, I could feel myself wanting to go blank and had a sort of mental fight to stop it!

Interestingly, I asked my husband about this and at first, he was rather smug and said: of course, everyone stars and so, I described to him what happens and he begrudgingly admitted that no, he does not get that ie a sort of pulling sensation to just stare - most strange feeling!

My most visible is my stimming with my legs and find it VERY hard to stop sometimes. I also have a tendency to wring my hands and I guess closing my eyes and wanting to squeal when I find pleasure in something. This gives the impression of an over grown child, I guess!

I tend to be excessively polite!

Well, I believe it's quite common a lot of aspies have that distinct "stare" so that might be good indication.

The "I've been to hell and back" stare? I have that, but I don't know if it's the Asperger's or my metaphorically being to hell and back throughout most of my childhood~

New Threads

Top Bottom