• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Boyfriend with Aspergers

I am new to this site. My boyfriend has Aspergers. I am wanting to learn about it.
He is the sweetest person ever with a great disposition. He has an amazing position as a senior executive. He is very honest and we get along very well. We have known each other for about 6 months. Although I don't believe he has ever gone out with anyone else, he is constantly on the dating website chatting. I am just trying to understand why he does this. I don't believe he ever goes out with anyone else.

Last edited:
Hi Aspiegirlfriend. Welcome to the forums!

I'm undiagnosed but I'm pretty sure that I have Aspergers. I'm trying to learn as much about the spectrum as I can. I suspect that my boyfriend may be on the spectrum too since we have a lot in common and deal with many of the same struggles.

Can I ask, have you asked your boyfriend why he's chatting on the dating website?

welcome.png

Welcome :)

I would second @RiverSong in asking if you've spoken to him about why he is still chatting with people on the dating site.

Hi Aspiegirlfriend. Welcome to the forums!

I'm undiagnosed but I'm pretty sure that I have Aspergers. I'm trying to learn as much about the spectrum as I can. I suspect that my boyfriend may be on the spectrum too since we have a lot in common and deal with many of the same struggles.

Can I ask, have you asked your boyfriend why he's chatting on the dating website?

Yes. Thanks for your reply. He says he just likes chatting to people. He isn't acting upon or trying to meet other people. I believe him. I just don't understand why he feels a need to do this. That's the part I wish I understood.

Yes. Thanks for your reply. He says he just likes chatting to people. He isn't acting upon or trying to meet other people. I believe him. I just don't understand why he feels a need to do this. That's the part I wish I understood.

In which case then I would tell him (if you haven't already) how it makes you feel. Personally, I wouldn't be happy about it as it's a dating site and people there are (presumably) looking for dates and not just someone to chat to. There are plenty of other ways to just chat with people online. Others may disagree, but I wouldn't say this is an aspie thing.

In which case then I would tell him (if you haven't already) how it makes you feel. Personally, I wouldn't be happy about it as it's a dating site and people there are (presumably) looking for dates and not just someone to chat to. There are plenty of other ways to just chat with people online. Others may disagree, but I wouldn't say this is an aspie thing.

i agree,its not good to go on a dating site if your supposed to be dedicated to one person.
if he wants to chat to people,he should join a place like AC, or google 'general forums/message boards',its just not apropriate to use a dating site while you have a partner.
there will be people on the dating site who try and hook him in,and he might not even recognise it.

New Threads

Top Bottom