• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Book recommendation: Bully in Sight

Angular Chap

V.I.P Member
Sadly I see many, many posts on here about workplace bullying, so I would like to recommend a book that greatly helped me when I was on the receiving end of such behaviours at my first job and also other walks of life:

Bully in Sight by Tim Field.

cover.jpg
back.jpg

Although first published in 1996, the information in the book is just as relevant today.

By teaching me important details about bullying, I was also able to develop my own ways of protecting from bullies, alongside the techniques outlined in the book,

It is not just a useful tool for workplace bullying either. It helped me to understand that the treatment I endured at the hands of some teachers at school was actually bullying, and not something I deserved. It also helped me identify the tricks and techniques used by some scammers to pressure people, methods used by abusers when they target their victims and other types of criminal to evade accountability. Also covered is gaslighting, enablers and victim blaming, with the author shooting down common excuses and empowering the reader on how to identify such things. I still refer to it often for useful tips outside the workplace.

At 358 pages long, it is an encyclopedia of useful first hand and professional knowledge.

The author, Tim Field, is sadly no longer around. But he was once a world authority on workplace bullying and set up a foundation, charity, website and UK phone helpline to help bullying victims.

It can be found on Amazon, worldwide and many other book sellers.

Borrow on archive.org with a free account:

Preview on Google books:

New Threads

Top Bottom