• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

BIG BROTHER (Season 16)

Grumpy Cat

This thread is for all fans of BIG BROTHER (Season 16) to have a place to chit chat about what is happening on the show and the live feeds. So pull up a chair and join the group........

Don't forget the show starts tonight at 7p central (my time). Then live feeds start after that. Can't wait for the live feeds! My favorite player that I'm pulling for is Donny, age 42, from NC. He looks exactly like one of the guys from Duck Dynasty! He's funny and down-to-earth. He says he's lived alone for 21 years! He would have lived alone since he was 21. Hmmm. Maybe he's an Aspie? Something to think about.

Love the new twist. The HOH has gone from a double-edged sword to trial by ordeal. Those who are about to be evicted salute you!

Will be interesting to see how the earlier group relates to the later group.

Sixteen seasons! How time has flown....

Yeah I saw that TVGN is again carrying Big Brother After Dark....but it's just on too late for this old man. :(

Man, that twist. And three people playing for America...and four nominated. Makes my head spin. I can only imagine what the houseguests are thinking...:p

My first season where I'm viewing the houseguests not only as hamsters in a lab experiment, but rather how NTs carry on. (Can't imagine any Aspies doing this.)

I can't believe it! I'm watching Sundays show and I can't believe that Frankie put up Victoria! This is why I watch this show - the psychology of it all. These two hit it off from the very beginning and were like best friends. I'm totally shocked. You can't trust anyone! I know you're prob saying its just a game, but when money is involved in anything, people will stab you in the back. Frankie had several other people he could have nominated. I just don't understand it. I really hate people like that. I don't get it.

Devin has loose lips. He is so Not who I thought he was. I lost 10 of my votes on Devin. From now on I am 100% for Donny. I love Donny!!!!!! He is just so sweet!!!!! :)

Devin just lost it. Focusing on Donny when there are far more real threats out there. And bringing in outsiders without permission into an alliance...he just alienated his own crew. Maybe fatally too. Yeah, I wrote Devin off. Don't see him in this game very long. Devin's intuition regarding threat recognition isn't very good. Donny just isn't much of a threat at this stage of the game.

That's right...Frankie made a personal alliance with Victoria right off. And then he nominated her. But I'm not sure at actually went down. I'll be waiting to see if Frankie begins to have issues with Caleb. Since Caleb got to pick nominees first, he effectively left Frankie holding the bag while Caleb has an excuse for how he chose his two victims. Or will Frankie just shrug it all off as the luck of a draw gone bad? Hmmmm.

One thing for sure, I think it's fair to assume Victoria will never trust Frankie again over anything. Let's see if she's mature enough to keep her animosity in check until the time is right for her to turn on him.

Last edited:
I can see now how they could cast Derrick and Devin. One a cop and the other in trouble with the law. Yikes...

Just a quick question:- "Big Brother" type programs are about watching people interact in a false environment for entertainment purposes. I wonder why an aspie would want to watch this? I'm not saying anything about whether someone should/shouldn't watch it etc, I'm just really curious as to know what is in it for them? It's not as if you can learn how NT's interact through watching this??

Or am I missing something! :)

Just a quick question:- "Big Brother" type programs are about watching people interact in a false environment for entertainment purposes. I wonder why an aspie would want to watch this? I'm not saying anything about whether someone should/shouldn't watch it etc, I'm just really curious as to know what is in it for them? It's not as if you can learn how NT's interact through watching this??

I've never thought neurology dictated the type of one's interests or entertainment preferences one way or another.

You might be missing something. Actually, you should try watching it (who knows, you may end up liking it.) OR are you afraid that you just may see some of yourself in those people? Eh?

Nope, no interest in watching it thanks :)

Im not having a go at all, honest. I just wondered what was in it to make it worth watching from an aspie pov. Obviously, it's just entertainment then?? :)

But, no, I won't be watching it thanks. I doubt I have anything in common with people who want to be watched all day on TV! :D

(edit:- I just noticed this is in the entertainment thread! Ooops! Enjoy the show :)

Last edited:
Big Brother reflects both a contrived and incredibly dynamic social environment designed to promote competitive and unpredictable behavior among persons in sustained close quarters. With at stake, a half-million dollar prize and those "fifteen minutes of fame" so many seem to blindly chase despite the inevitable consequences.

It's not intended as an academic study of human psychology. If you're contemplating this as a basis for your masters thesis, don't. As a game and little else, knock yourself out. But for anyone anxious to relive their precious seventh grade memories, this may or may not pan out accordingly. :p

For some reason I've always thought of BB as somewhat analogous to "The Magic Christian". That people will do most anything for money or a little fame.

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is why I watch Big Brother - to remind me how people REALLY are!!!!!! These people are backstabbing each other, lying and talking behind each others back. I know it's a game, but if a person can do all the stuff these people are doing to each other, it must come pretty damn natural to them. This poor guy Donny on the show is so trusting (he's as close to a saint as I have ever seen) and now they are going after him and he cried. It makes me really depressed about the human race. I know that Donny probably won't go very far because he just doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I wish I could know someone like him in real life.

I have the impression that the production chose Donny largely for just cannon-fodder. At his age he's socially removed from the younger people to a certain extent. It's an unfair handicap. But then I also believe that's part of the process. Much like pairing an undercover cop with a petty criminal/substance abuser.

I just hope Donny can distance himself somewhat from Devin. He does seem genuinely to be kind and gentle man. Odd they think he was something else while Devin has milked the fatherhood thing like a cow.

Hmmm. If this was office politics, wouldn't everyone feel it was unfair on the naive guy? Oh well, entertainment has moved on since Romans fed people to lions. Oh, wait.... :p

Hmmm. If this was office politics, wouldn't everyone feel it was unfair on the naive guy? Oh well, entertainment has moved on since Romans fed people to lions. Oh, wait.... :p

LOL. He's not naive. He's playing the game too in his own way. But he's playing at a distinct disadvantage any forty-something instantly becomes aware of when they enter the house. Beyond that he's just another contestant trying to win $500,000 and some scale wages in the process.

Nobody gets murdered in this show as if they might in just witnessing a live soccer match. It's just a tv game show that originated in Europe. If you want to watch death and destruction, just turn on the news. For physical injuries, there's always lots of sports. Whatever floats your boat.

Those who are about to be evicted salute you!

Last edited:

And this thread is about what is going on in the Big Brother house. Either have something interesting about the game to contribute or get out of this thread and quit wasting our time.

There's already a thread for tv shows people don't like. If one doesn't like the show, please go post there to remain on topic.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom