• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism survey for AP Statistics project, responses needed

TheKillerDuck

I am taking an AP Statistics class, and as part of a group project, me and my group need to send out a survey. My group is doing autism as our topic, and we decided that the best way to get data would be to post the survey here. The survey is anonymous, and the results will only be used for the class. The survey will be taken down Tuesday (5/29) afternoon. We need at least 40 responses, at least 15 of which are from autistic people, and we want a variety of age groups. We would very much appreciate it if you could help us out by taking the survey.
The survey will be about knowledge and views on autism, as well as questions about qualities related or associated with autism. Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or problems with the survey.

The survey is now closed. Thank you to all who participated.

Last edited:
This link says that permission is required to view the survey.
Can't open a form - Docs editors Help

Here are the general parameters to meet, in order to post a survey/study
on this forum:

Introduction - Explain who you are, who you are conducting the research for and how the research will be conducted.

About the research - Next, explain what exactly you will be researching and how this relates to the Autism Spectrum.

Contact details - Provide some basic contact details such as an email address so that members of AF can contact you if they have any questions or concerns. DO NOT provide personal contact details such as home telephone numbers.

Link to the research/survey - provide a link to a website hosting the survey/research questions (if applicable).

"Schools don't successfully or properly accommodate students with ASD"

How am I supposed to know the answer to this? It's been years since I've been at school, and at no point in school did I have an ASD diagnosis or any form of accomodation. If you want anyone but people who had accomodations at school (or their relatives) to respond, you'll need to let us skip questions like that.

I wasn't able to enter the name of a person with autism.
I would have entered Temple Grandin, but the box
to put the text in didn't work.

"Schools don't successfully or properly accommodate students with ASD"

How am I supposed to know the answer to this? It's been years since I've been at school, and at no point in school did I have an ASD diagnosis or any form of accomodation. If you want anyone but people who had accomodations at school (or their relatives) to respond, you'll need to let us skip questions like that.
Good point, I'll change the survey.

I wasn't able to enter the name of a person with autism.
I would have entered Temple Grandin, but the box
to put the text in didn't work.
That's strange; it works fine when I try it. Did it give you an error or did it just not let you enter anything in?

I won't won't fill out your survey unless you explain exactly what you're doing here.

Please abide by the rules and regulations of this website and Staff Member tree's outline of how to present this survey.

Last edited:
It would seem that the goal of such a project is to fulfill a requirement regarding statistics.

An exercise in the analysis of data- not an analysis of autism. :oops:

I won't won't fill out your survey unless you explain exactly what you're doing here.

Please abide by the rules and regulations of this website and Staff Member tree's outline of how to present this survey.
I don't mean to attack you or anything, but I honestly don't understand what isn't clear. I'm doing this survey for a school project, and it covers knowledge of autism, views on autism, and qualities related or associated with autism. Is there something specific you don't understand, or did I break a rule? I'm sorry, I just need some clarification.

Here are the general parameters to meet, in order to post a survey/study
on this forum:

Introduction - Explain who you are, who you are conducting the research for and how the research will be conducted.

About the research - Next, explain what exactly you will be researching and how this relates to the Autism Spectrum.

Contact details - Provide some basic contact details such as an email address so that members of AF can contact you if they have any questions or concerns. DO NOT provide personal contact details such as home telephone numbers.

Link to the research/survey - provide a link to a website hosting the survey/research questions (if applicable).

Introduction:

I am (@TheKillerDuck) taking an AP Statistics class, and as part of a group project, my group and I need to send out a survey.
My group is doing autism as our topic, and we decided that the best way to get data would be to post the survey here. The survey is anonymous, and the results will only be used for the class. The survey will be taken down Saturday (5/26) evening.

Note: You don't mention if this is college level, high school level, university level. What is AP Statistics? There's no need to give your real name. How many are in your group?

About the research:

We need at least 40 responses, at least 15 of which are from autistic people, and we want a variety of age groups. We would very much appreciate it if you could help us out by taking the survey. The survey will be about knowledge and views on autism, as well as questions about qualities related or associated with autism.
I'm doing this survey for a school project, and it covers knowledge of autism, views on autism, and qualities related or associated with autism.

Note: Present it in a professional manner, and it's likely you'll get replies.

Contact details:

Email me at [email protected]12.in.us if you have any questions or problems with the survey.

Link to the research and Survey:

Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)

Note: You've split this all up, among several responses. It seems haphazard, and as we get many students wanting to survey the members. It needs to be done in an organized and professional way.

Last edited:
@Mia
I believe the student is in high school.
Profile information gives me that idea.

That, and the fact the survey is for an AP class.

They're 14. I know we like to have everything done according the rules but it may be a bit too harsh for so little. It's just a survey for a class made by a person with some good ideas, after all.

Good luck with your AP Statistics project, TheKillerDuck. If you've got some questions concerning ASD outside the raw statistics, you can always post it here.

They're 14. I know we like to have everything done according the rules but it may be a bit too harsh for so little. It's just a survey for a class made by a person with some good ideas, after all.

The fact that adults are giving out information if they choose to, the way this information is going to be used is important. Whether it be requested by any group of any age. It needs to be done in an organized manner, so that it's clear.

The question on having a relative with ASD should give an option for "Suspect yes, but not diagnosed".

I am the only one in my family diagnosed with ASD, but I do see some signs in others, and in particular I have been told that my grandfather had many of the same difficulties as me.

So I wasn't sure how to answer that question. I said "No", because I'm assuming the question is referring to relatives who have actually been diagnosed.

The question on having a relative with ASD should give an option for "Suspect yes, but not diagnosed".

I am the only one in my family diagnosed with ASD, but I do see some signs in others, and in particular I have been told that my grandfather had many of the same difficulties as me.

So I wasn't sure how to answer that question. I said "No", because I'm assuming the question is referring to relatives who have actually been diagnosed.
I didn't actually think of that. I assumed that self-diagnosed people would put yes, but I didn't consider that. I'll add that as an option. Thanks for pointing that out.

I didn't actually think of that. I assumed that self-diagnosed people would put yes, but I didn't consider that. I'll add that as an option. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think you simply need to remember that we, meaning most of us on the autism spectrum, think very literally, so we don't cope well with questions that are not totally specific and direct.

That said, I responded to your survey, and however much I noted minor flaws with a few questions, I think what you are trying to do deserves support. Good luck!

New Threads

Top Bottom