• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie World

richbebo

Anyone here ever wonder what the world would be like if say 90% of the population were aspies and we were considered NT's? maybe this would be the case in a few hundred years as i have read that aparently the ASD spectrum is considered to be the next stage up in evolution. Would there be clubs, would the world be much more peacefull, would technology be more advanced. Maybe the world would be rid of typical trends and stereotypical types, maybe it would be much safer and maybe i should't write threads while slightly enebriated lol.We could be just what this planet needs, who knows? I will look forward to any other views on this subject.

Anyone here ever wonder what the world would be like if say 90% of the population were aspies and we were considered NT's? maybe this would be the case in a few hundred years as i have read that aparently the ASD spectrum is considered to be the next stage up in evolution. Would there be clubs, would the world be much more peacefull, would technology be more advanced. Maybe the world would be rid of typical trends and stereotypical types, maybe it would be much safer and maybe i should't write threads while slightly enebriated lol.We could be just what this planet needs, who knows? I will look forward to any other views on this subject.

I've already posed these questions to people forever lol. You already know the answer though. The world would be 1000 times better if everyone had asperger's ;) You do seem to have this overfascination with drinking though man. You better be careful or in a few years you might end up with a habit you don't want just because you felt so complelled to dull and numb yourself down so much to better tolerate social situations. Things are so much better to see, feel, and experience when you are totally sober and free of any alterations of your conscious state...

-sean-

I've already posed these questions to people forever lol. You already know the answer though. The world would be 1000 times better if everyone had asperger's ;) You do seem to have this overfascination with drinking though man. You better be careful or in a few years you might end up with a habit you don't want just because you felt so complelled to dull and numb yourself down so much to better tolerate social situations. Things are so much better to see, feel, and experience when you are totally sober and free of any alterations of your conscious state...

-sean-

Nah its cool, i do it purely for funzies i never drink cause i need to. I wont deny it is fun and does help with social situations cause of the confidence it gives me but it never has and never will have a hold over me but thanks anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, sorry that was just my hand shakin from withdrawal symptoms lol

Nah its cool, i do it purely for funzies i never drink cause i need to. I wont deny it is fun and does help with social situations cause of the confidence it gives me but it never has and never will have a hold over me but thanks anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, sorry that was just my hand shakin from withdrawal symptoms lol

A girl I talk to takes alot of stuff that would be purely for funzies too. She has asperger's and says that it somehow blocks her chance at addiction. I actually feel that way myself as even if I enjoy something alot, I always have this immense willpower and never feel compelled to be dependant on it.

Someone posted this when I asked a similar question on another AS forum. I don't think this is what a world where most people were AS would really be like, but I thought it was funny anyway:

I like imagining what the world might be like for an NT if everyone had AS. You go into the doctor's office, and instead of asking you how she could help, the receptionist just glances at you, then goes back to stimming. When you finally get her attention, she responds angrily, and says she'll go get the doctor. You sit down in a waiting room full of people on their laptops, and no one is talking. You try to start a conversation with the person next to you, only to be met with monosyllabic answers. You try to start a conversation with the person on your other side, and he just moves into the next seat down without saying a word. Three hours later, the 40 year old doctor emerges, wearing a helicopter beanie, and apologizes, explaining that he was playing his daily video games.

During your checkup, the doctor attempts to hit your kneecap with that hammer, and misses 5 times, giving you bruises all over your leg and thigh. Whenever you ask the doctor a question, he first taps his head against the wall for 5 seconds or so, then answers. When the checkup is over, you spend two minutes at the receptionist's desk waiting for her to finish rocking back and forth, get your next appointment time, then leave.

So you decide to go to the bar. The volume on the music is so low you can hardly hear it, but through the low rumble of chatter, you make out the lyrics to a certain Gary Numan song. You ask the bartender for an Old Fashioned. He says "We don't have those, but our special tonight is the 'Aspie Affection.'" You ask what it is, and he explains that it's 6(!) shots of Crown Royal mixed with 4 oz. grape juice, with a smidge of salt and peach schnapps. "It'll really make ya affectionate!" he jokes. You order one and take a sip. You look around the bar for single women, but for some reason, there are 8 times as many men as there are women in the bar, so each woman is already well-surrounded. You finish your Aspie Affection, pay, and walk out.

"I should get home" you think, feeling a little tipsy, "it's getting late." You ask a man passing on the street "Do you know the time?" He glances at his watch, says "Yes," and continues walking. You shrug. Fortunately the streets are clear, and you think to yourself how there's not much, if any, traffic. In fact, the majority of the houses don't even have cars in their driveways! It seems like everyone walks where they need to go. Looking around at the sparse people walking, you notice that many of them have a 'unique' fashion sense. You see one woman with red dots on her cheeks, wearing a multicolored sundress. You see a few men wearing cargo pants with hiking shoes. One is wearing a kilt. A kilt!

While walking home, you accidentally stumble into a very large man. He becomes somewhat confrontational, and you say "Damn, why do you have to have such a chip on your shoulder?" He looks at his right shoulder, then his left, then at the ground around him while you scuttle away. When you arrive home, you see your neighbor in his yard staring at the sky and taking notes. "Hey buddy!" you yell from your front door, "what are you doing?" "Well," he responds, still gazing at the sky,"the meteor N397 recently passed the galaxy perpendicular to the Milky Way and managed to defy the laws of astronomy by not falling to the heat of friction and this means that there must be some way that meteors in other galaxies such as NGC4414 which is 60 million light years from us must have special properties that Einstein never predic--" You shut the door, figuring you're drunk and must be imagining things, flop on the couch, and sleep.

I think the only time I've ever actually seen a man wearing a kilt in person was at a indie comic book convention in Austin, TX about two years ago.

A very interesting story icontainmultitudes but it sounds like theres some kind of lesson to be learned from it. If im right then what is it exactly? As to the whole aspie world thing i think the world maybe would be easier but i still believe we would be judgemental to those who dont. Sounds bloody cliche but the tables really would be turned then wouldnt they. Tell me if im wrong.

New Threads

Top Bottom